RCCL Newbie...Late Night Dining and BYOB questions.

2ferfun

So we are taking our first RCCL cruise next summer on Vision and we are so excited! We have been on other lines before but this is our first RCCL cruise.

I have two questions:

1) After doing my research on the ship it looks like there aren't any 24 hour eating places. If we are up late as we try to adjust to the time difference, is there anywhere to get a midnight snack?

2) I have seen a few places where other posters have said Royal will let you bring on your own soda, even though its technically against their policy. Is that pretty true across the line?

Thanks, as always, for all the help and information you give on these boards! I cant imagine trying to plan this without Cruise Critic!

So we are taking our first RCCL cruise next summer on Vision and we are so excited! We have been on other lines before but this is our first RCCL cruise.

I have two questions:

1) After doing my research on the ship it looks like there aren't any 24 hour eating places. If we are up late as we try to adjust to the time difference, is there anywhere to get a midnight snack?

2) I have seen a few places where other posters have said Royal will let you bring on your own soda, even though its technically against their policy. Is that pretty true across the line?

Thanks, as always, for all the help and information you give on these boards! I cant imagine trying to plan this without Cruise Critic!

Park Cafe is open until 1 or 2am. After that, room service is available for a $4 per order fee,

They will usually let you bring on soda.

We have taken on pack of 12 bottles of water and soda with no problem. RCL is lacking in the late night snacking department compared to other lines,IMO. There is always plenty of food on the ship, but sometimes we just want a salty or sweet snack. We sometimes take a can of pringles or can of nuts with us. If we don't eat it on the ship-we take it unopened into port for a snack.Same with sweets- if you are a person who can't live without your candy treats-bring a few-on ship it cost 2-3 times more.

My hunni has a couple of mild conditions (plus meds) that require him to keep water handy to stay hydrated. We have never been denied carrying on water that has not been opened. And 2 or 3 times we have gotten through with several bottles of my Pepsi in our carry ons.

My hunni has a couple of mild conditions (plus meds) that require him to keep water handy to stay hydrated. We have never been denied carrying on water that has not been opened. And 2 or 3 times we have gotten through with several bottles of my Pepsi in our carry ons.
Yet! Usually it's OK but some folks have reported that water was confiscated.

Good idea about snagging something off the buffet and keeping it for later! We will certainly do that on any night that we know we will be up late.

Sounds like we will take the chance with the soda. Worst case is we are out a few bucks!

Thanks for all the input!