Non DCL air/ground transportation

GrammaMimi12

Okay, so I am totally confused and need help !! I booked our air and ground transportation privately and did not go through DCL. We fly into Orlando and will be staying the night in Port Canaveral. At what point do we affix the luggage tags that are being sent to us ?? I have read that they need to be on the luggage when you do your airport check in but also read that if you arrange private air/ground then you shouldn't put them on until you are en route to the ship. Since we are staying overnight isn't it plausible that our luggage remains with us until embarking or is there something I am missing. So if the tags are affixed before airport check in the luggage will automatically be picked it by DCL and on its way to the ship. If not, we take the luggage with us to the ship and affix the tags just prior to embarking !? Thanks for your help and expertise...every question I have asked of my TA has gotten an "I don't know, I will check for you" and then a response a week later, maybe !!

Okay, so I am totally confused and need help !! I booked our air and ground transportation privately and did not go through DCL. We fly into Orlando and will be staying the night in Port Canaveral. At what point do we affix the luggage tags that are being sent to us ?? I have read that they need to be on the luggage when you do your airport check in but also read that if you arrange private air/ground then you shouldn't put them on until you are en route to the ship. Since we are staying overnight isn't it plausible that our luggage remains with us until embarking or is there something I am missing. So if the tags are affixed before airport check in the luggage will automatically be picked it by DCL and on its way to the ship. If not, we take the luggage with us to the ship and affix the tags just prior to embarking !? Thanks for your help and expertise...every question I have asked of my TA has gotten an "I don't know, I will check for you" and then a response a week later, maybe !!

The is no DCL luggage handling the night before. If you are taking private transportation, you take your luggage with you and then drop them off with porters at the port...Attach the tags on the same day you go to the port.

Attach the tags right before they are to be picked up by DCL. In your case, you will hand them off to the porter at the cruise terminal, so put the tags on while you are at the hotel near the port.

Other situations that might help some readers:

If you are flying in on cruise day and using DCL transportation, they need to be applied before you leave home (this allows DCL to claim the bags at the airport). If you are flying in a day before but returning to the airport to use the DCL bus, apply the before you go over to meet the bus (you'd turn them over to a CM at the Welcome Center).