Cozumel Restaurants

Ready2Cruise2016

Does anyone have a current (or close) menu from any of the following restaurants? Preferably with prices..

Albino's

Pescaderia (I found this online... is this the full menu? Pescaderia menu

Las Flamitas

Los Otates (Found this online... I'm assuming this is pesos... Just gotta google the translations! :D

El Moro (I found an old one online.. not sure if the prices have changed much)

Tonitos

Also any suggestions on any of these. I got them from the best food in town thread on here. Trying to narrow it down to a couple (perhaps on various sides of town, so we have options on where/when we stop) for my group of 9. Plus, none of us speak Spanish... is that a deal breaker at any of these? LOL

Edited by Ready2Cruise2016

Pescadaria San Carlos is a fish market with a side restaurant. The fish are ideed very,very fresh. They do a fantastic job. That is not the full menu, just the main fish of the day. Prices are in pesos. It isn't a large place though. and it is in the back of San Miguel around Avenida 50, 55. So it's a longer taxi ride and you can easily pay more for your taxi than your lunch.

Both Las Flamitas and Tonitos are small loncherias usually open for lunch. Both tend to cater to locals and serve Yucatan style dishes that may vary at times. Neither have web presence. Both are small and you may not be able to get seating of all your group at one table.

Los Oates is a tacqueria and it's prices are in MXP. Unless they've changed in the past couple of years, Los Oates has covered outside seating.

Both La Mission and Pancho's Backyard have extensive menus and while catering to tourists do offer regional dishes. Since you are docking at Puerta Maya, there is a Pancho's in the cruise port shopping area and they can accommodate larger parties.

La Mission is owned by the same family that owns Casa Misssion(only Open for dinner), widely respected and had or have a place over in Playa del Carmen. Good food. La Choza is also a good choice if you are heading downtown. Really good food and great service. They've been around a long time.

Thank you everyone!!

Crew, I'm hoping for more of an inexpensive, very local, type lunch place. Less tourist centered.

I will begin to see if I can find the restaurants in google maps, so I know what's near to where we are going. Since I'm hiring a driver, there's no extra cost - just time to get there.

Pescadaria San Carlos is a fish market with a side restaurant.

Both Las Flamitas and Tonitos are small loncherias usually open for lunch. Both tend to cater to locals and serve Yucatan style dishes that may vary at times. Neither have web presence. Both are small and you may not be able to get seating of all your group at one table.

Los Oates is a tacqueria and it's prices are in MXP. Unless they've changed in the past couple of years, Los Oates has covered outside seating.

Good food. La Choza is also a good choice if you are heading downtown. Really good food and great service. They've been around a long time.

Based on this.. I'm leaning toward Las Flamitas/Tonitos or Los Oates so far. I like the idea of Pescadaria, but I have at least one in my party that doesn't like fish (and would be completely turned off by the fried whole fish like I saw in the pictures!). I'm still looking into Albino's (the bacon covered shrimp sounds amazing), and El Moro.

Is it better to get some Mexican money, as opposed to paying usd (I'm assuming mxp is mexican pesos). You always hear about getting scammed on the conversion rate if you pay in usd. I don't know true that is, of course. Just curious.

Based on this.. I'm leaning toward Las Flamitas/Tonitos or Los Oates so far. I like the idea of Pescadaria, but I have at least one in my party that doesn't like fish (and would be completely turned off by the fried whole fish like I saw in the pictures!). I'm still looking into Albino's (the bacon covered shrimp sounds amazing), and El Moro.

Is it better to get some Mexican money, as opposed to paying usd (I'm assuming mxp is mexican pesos). You always hear about getting scammed on the conversion rate if you pay in usd. I don't know true that is, of course. Just curious.

Albinos will be in the same price range as Panchos. But one place that is relatively inexpensive and often gets overlooked is the café at the Museum. It's along the waterfront just past the ferry pier and you can sit outside. Also, if you're entertaining hitting a local spot. Across fromt he taxi association building on Calle 2 Norte just a couple of blocks up from the waterfront, or the north side of the Plaza, is a local tacqueria similar to LosOates, very much a locals place but very good and cheap. Outside Tent covering for seating.

• 2 weeks later...