Sea pass and tour questions

dm9102

This is my first cruise on RCI. What is the minimum amount to be held on your sea pass account when you check in?

Is there a kitchen tour on the Adventure of the Seas and if so what is the cost?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

There is no separate kitchen tour for sale. The only tour for sale is the All-Access tour, which costs $150 per person, and includes several areas of the ship, including the kitchen.

Edited by clarea

What is the minimum amount to be held on your sea pass account when you check in?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

If you secure your account by credit card, I don't believe there is any kind of a hold. At the end of the cruise your credit card will be charged once for the final bill. If paying cash, they do not require a deposit. I believe you can charge up to $500 on a cash account before you will be contacted to pay down the balance.

Debit cards are not recommended, as there have been many reports of "hold" problems and these vary by the policies of the issuing bank.

All of Royal Caribbean International ships operate on a "cashless" system, meaning your boarding card, (also known as your SeaPass card), will be used as a charge card to make all onboard purchases. Normally to activate this SeaPass® account, most guests provide a credit card, (American Express, Optima, MasterCard, Visa, Discover and Diner's Club), to have these purchases charged to at the end of their cruise. Additionally, the SeaPass system may be activated with traveler's checks, debit cards with a Visa or MasterCard logo, or cash.

A running tab of all your purchases will be kept under separate folio numbers for each guest and an itemized statement left in your stateroom the night before disembarkation. If you provided a credit card and there are no discrepancies, the amount will be charged to your account on the morning of disembarkation. If you have used traveler's checks or cash to activate the account, you will need to settle the account at the Guest Relations desk, (to either receive a reimbursement of the unused amount you originally left or to pay the balance of what you have charged over the amount of what you originally left).

Please note:

We require guests to place a deposit if they are paying for their SeaPass account with cash. There is a $500 daily limit on cash accounts for 7+ night sailings and $300 for 2/3/4/5 night sailings. Once the daily cash limit is reached, we will call the guest and inform the guest that the limit has been reached................ ....

If you use cash at check in they ask for $500.00 per cabin on a 7 night cruise and will then contact you if the balance drops below 100.00 and ask for 300.00 each time you fall below 100.00. be careful using a debit card as they can put several 500.00 holds throughout the week. happy cruising