Carnival Magic/we upgraded, they didn't

crusing48/51

In currently booked in a small group for oct ( 15 of us) more then half got fttf , so they will board way before us along with other perks , I don't expect them to ditch the perks that came with it for lucking out and scoring fttf when I couldn't , boarding together Is not that big of deal nor is tendering together , so enjoy your perks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all for your replies. I guess I made it sound like we're jerks. I didn't mean to, but it does sound that way. We booked the cruise over a year ago. There was no broken ankle, and no suite upgrade then. We didn't talk them into it, they have cruised before. We decided together to take this cruise.

If we were in the same situation, we would have cancelled. I have had to cancel a cruise before, due to an unexpected surgery. There wasn't enough time to recover before the sail date, so it was rescheduled.

We have been friends with these people for a very long time, so will talk to them, explain about the suite(before we get to the port), and go along at our friends pace.

After all, life happens, and we have to go with it!

It is amazing what communication can do. No need for it to become a forgotten art.

So, here is our dilemma. We are cruising with another couple on the Magic in October. They are on a tight budget, but have their first ever balcony. DH and I originally had a balcony as well, but I surprised him and upgraded us to a suite.

Do we tell the other couple before we go, or at the port? We will have priority boarding, but they won't. Do we wait in line at check in with them, or go to priority check in, and meet up with them on the ship?

We don't want to hurt their feelings, but we would like to use our perks that come with the suite. Any suggestions?

As a side note, the man going with us recently broke his ankle, and will be in a cast, or boot, for the whole trip. He will obviously be a bit slower than normal, and we don't want to make him feel like he's holding us up, but he probably will to some extent.

I have suggested that they may possibly want to cancel and rebook for another time when he will be more mobile, but they both say they really want to go and will not cancel. They are booked past guest, so no penalty if they did cancel and rebook.

I guess DH and I sound somewhat selfish, but we want to enjoy our cruise and not feel like we are having to entertain the other couple, and wait for them all the time.

What would you do in this situation?

You should make the best of the situation.

There is nothing wrong in you to upgrade to a suite and do priority check in. You are not tied to them. You share whatever activities you planned on sharing with them and make the best of it. Yes he may require a bit more time to get to things but that is no big deal. He is not "holding up" your parade! You do not have to be with them 24/7 and I am sure they would not like to be with you 24/7. So I do not see a problem here at all, except for the one you are making for yourself. You are being a bit unreasonable when you feel that it would have been better for them to cancel. You just go along with the flow and make the most of it. So, have a great cruise and don't think about these little things!

Edited by Arzeena