Cabs in St Martin

It usually depends how many people are in the cab in my experience. When we were in St. Maarten a couple of weeks ago there were taxis right at the pier and there were signs to each beach posted with the prices on them. We went to Orient Beach...For 2 people it was $12 but the more people that got in the taxi the less the price was. We ended up with about 10 or so in that taxi...give or take 1 or 2 and we each paid $5 one way. Sor for 2 of us we spent $20 in taxi fare to get to Orient Beach.

Just as an FYI, you *might* want to avoid Dawn Beach right now. They are currently constructing a Marriott or Westin resort on Dawn Beach and it is one big construction site down where Scavengers used to be. It depends on what's important to you, but I've heard visibility is poor for snorkeling as a result of the construction. Plus, there's the added noise from any construction equipment nearby. Just thought you should know!

Yes I have heard that they were finally going to develop the destroyed resort on the end of the beach. I have walked around whats left of the buildings that are down there. It is interesting to see up close what a hurricane can do. We have a time share at Oyster Bay on the other end of the beach. We just like to see how its doing when ever we go to the island. But thanks for the information.

Archived