Travel to Eze from Cannes

We are sailing on the Carnival Liberty next year, and would like to spend the day touring Eze when we port in Cannes. I would like suggestions on the best way to travel from the port to Eze. If anyone has been to Eze I would love to hear any feedback from their experience.

Thanks!

Joan

We were tendered in Villefranche and found it very easy (and inexpensive) to get to Eze and Monaco/Monte Carlo on our own via bus and train.

From Cannes, you can take the train to Eze Bord de Mer http://www.voyages-sncf.com/dynamic/_SvHomePage?_DLG=SvHomePage&_CMD=cmdHomepageUK&WB=HP

At Eze Gare SNCF you then can then take the bus (#83) up to Eze Village http://www.eze-riviera.com/emotions/deplacement/ang/bus.htm. (The train runs along the coast, whereas Eze Village is up in the hills.)

Instead of the train, you might also be able to take the bus from Cannes to Eze Bord de Mer, and then transfer to Bus #83. http://www.lignedazur.com/

We took the bus from Villefranche to Eze, spent approx. 2 hours in Eze then took bus #112 from Eze Village to Monaco, spent several hours there, and then the train back to Villefranche. It's was easy to do as I had printed the train and bus schedules so that we wouldn't be standing around waiting for them. The most important connection to know is bus #83 as it doesn't run all that frequently.

Hope this isn't too confusing and if you have any questions, please ask.

By the way, we really enjoyed Eze....the views from the Cactus garden were amazing and the village itself is quite interesting...but lots of shops, which we aren't really interested in.

We were in Eze 3 weeks ago and it is a beautiful spot (as is St. Paul de Vence from what I have read). We spent more time than originally planned at Eze, just enjoying the beautiful views, narrow paths, boutiques and the cactus gardens that give spectacular views below. We had cappuchino and sweet breads on the outdoor patio of the Chateau that you can see from the top of the cactus garden. Very reasonably priced as well. Just keep an eye on the time as the #83 bus down to Eze sur mer is not as frequent.

From Eze Sur Mer you can take the train quite easily to Monaco (8 mins) or Cannes. Just watch what side of the track you wait for the train on.....the train heading west to Monaco is on the left side of the track ; and east towards Villefranche/Nice/Cannes, the train is on the water side of the track (left side) and you have to go under the tracks to the other side to catch the train to Nice/Cannes.

If the station is closed, you can purchase your ticket from a machine (side of the bldg facing east - instructions in French but not hard to follow) and make sure you validate your ticket a the other machine (by the building facing the tracks & water)

I haven't been to Eze from Cannes but have been to Eze. It's a beautiful spot and is fairly small, so you can see it in a short time. I also prefer St. Paul de Vence over Eze (although I like both places) and went to both last year along with some other stops on the Riviera, including a short stop in Cannes, with Dream Tours, which I highly recommend if you decide to go with a private driver. Otherwise, Eze, Cannes, and Monte Carlo are all small and would probably be a good (long) port day if you haven't been to Monte Carlo.

Have a great trip,

Donna

Archived