Cruise Next Cert help

luvs2beachit

On our Nov. 2015 cruise we bought 2 Cruise Next certificates. The rep. told us when we bought the certificates that there was a special running where we would get the same promo we had on the cruise we were currently on (5 specially dinners) attached to the Cruise Next certificate IF we booked a future cruise while on board. He told us to book our future cruise as far as possible, which we did, April 18, 2017, and that when we found something we REALLY wanted to just cancel our April 18, 2017 cruise and reapply the certificate along with the 5 meal deal promo to the new cruise. Sounds simple.

So today I wanted to use that certificate for a cruise we want to book for Jan 2107. No problem. The rep canceled the April cruise and applied the certificate to the Jan 2017. She than informed me that the 5 meal deal does not transfer and that we in fact had lost it once we canceled the original cruise. This is not what I was told. I was told that the 5 deal promo was attached to the certificate NOT to a specific cruise and that it was totally transferable. That was the point of booking the future cruise. I do have a copy of the certificate and the 5 meal amenity confirmation which is attached to the Cruise next certificate. No where on either confirmation does it say anything about losing the meals if we move the certificate to another cruise. Anyone have any experience with something like this? Anyone have any suggestions as to who I can contact to get this fiasco rectified?

Thanks for listening!

You can try calling or e-mailing the CruiseNext office: 1-866-234-7352 or cruisenext@ncl.com

I have never seen any written terms for the CruiseNext Ultimate program, which is one reason I would be reluctant to book anything on board. They don't say exactly what the perks are, if they are combinable with other promos, what happens if you modify/cancel your booking, etc.

Are they saying you won't get any perks at all, or are they letting you choose Free At Sea perk(s)? If you choose free gratuities, that's worth more than a 5-meal SDPs anyway (assuming your cruise is longer than 7 days).

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Thanks for your response and contact info.

What they are saying is that I can only transfer the Cruise Next certificate to the new cruise but not the 5 meal promo that is attached to it.

Yes, I can select two of the new promos with our new booking. That's not a problem...so far. This is very frustrating. I know what the sales person on the ship told me. I will call the phone # you posted this morning and see what happens.

Again, thanks for your help.

It sounds like you are hoping to get the 5-meal SDP on top of your two Free At Sea perks. Unfortunately, everyone who has asked about this and reported back on this board has said that the CN Ultimate offer cannot be combined with any current Choice promotion. So I think you could probably get your SDP back, if you agreed to give up your Free At Sea perks (but that would be a bad deal for you). I'm fairly certain that they won't let you have all three perks.

It would be useful to get this and other details about the program in writing from the CruiseNext people. If they send you anything, could you post it here, please?

It sounds like you are hoping to get the 5-meal SDP on top of your two Free At Sea perks. Unfortunately, everyone who has asked about this and reported back on this board has said that the CN Ultimate offer cannot be combined with any current Choice promotion. So I think you could probably get your SDP back, if you agreed to give up your Free At Sea perks (but that would be a bad deal for you). I'm fairly certain that they won't let you have all three perks.

It would be useful to get this and other details about the program in writing from the CruiseNext people. If they send you anything, could you post it here, please?

I called and spoke to someone at CruiseNext and she said that I could under normal circumstances transfer both the FCC and the UDP promo to another cruise one time, however, because I was booking through CAS t it would not be possible to get the UDP and the current promo as CAS was and entirely different booking process. So for us booking a regular cruise and giving up our CAS was a no brainer. Our CAS comp is certainly more valuable than the UDP 5 dinners. In the long run it's not a major issue since with our CAS booking we could take advantage of the current 2 peeks promo.