Things to do in Playa de carmen and Progresso

slk230red

Depending on whether the storm surge caused problems Xel Ha is a gorgeous place to spend the day and easy to get to from Playa... clearest water you'll ever see in this lagoon. It's south of Playa before Tulum which BTW, IMHO are pretty impressive and worth the trip if you are actually having a port call in Playa ... just too much hassle if you are docking in Coz.

My son has a place in Playa and has stayed in a boutique hotel there.. emails to them indicaet some damage still there but all in all, what a difference 50 miles makes.. Also many structures there back from water and older very sturdy buildings!

• 2 weeks later...
Tater1800: how did you get to chichen itza? did you book a tour through the cruiseline or independently? how far was it between the two cities?

Some friends of mine on the Inspiration did the cruise-sponsered Chichen Itza tour from Progreso and really enjoyed it. It was 2 1/2 hours by bus, and there was only a bag lunch, so they were a bit hungry, but they still felt it was well worth it. I think they did get to stop for food maybe after the ruin tour...not sure on this, though.

Archived