Add on cruiser

fairygirl1

Find out how much it would cost to add him to your booking now. Your sailing may be eligible for 3rd & 4th guests free (but unless you are in a suite, you would have to give up one of your existing perks to take advantage of that). The cruise fare for additional guests is sometimes really low.

It's generally best to add extra guests early on, just in case, instead of waiting until the last minute to add them. You can cancel guests 3-8 with no penalty (you get a full refund) up until 30 days before sailing (check here for the exact schedule for your booking). So if you know that your son won't be able to commit even 30 days out, then don't do this, because you will end up cancelling him anyway.

The problem is that if you wait until the last minute to add him, (1) there is a chance that the 3rd passenger fare will be very high, or (2) they might not allow you to add another passenger at all, because the ship, or your part of the ship, is already at maximum capacity. (All cabins have 3 or 4 beds, but they cannot actually sail with 3 or 4 people in every cabin.)

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Im already booked for next year with my daughter on the breakaway. Question- my son " might" want to join us,,, can I add him to our room( of course paying for him,,, not trying to be shady) and how late have you done this, if anyone has? Thx!!

My mother-in-law added her granddaughter to her booking about 2-3 weeks before our sailing.

First it depends on whether you booked a cabin originally that will actually hold 3 people, if it only holds 2 then you would need to make a cabin change. The closer it gets to sailing the less likely it could become to switch cabins to one that will hold more people.