RCL Mailout Certificates

jc foster

For several years RCL has sent us discount certificates in the mail. Most of the times I just throw them in the trash since the one time I attempted to use one the TA said the certificate does not apply to any discounted cruises,and it seems all cruises show some type of discount. After several years we now book online or directly thru RCL. MY question is simple is this just a marketing strategy or do these things actually work on anything. We are Diamond and about 15 points from D+ if that helps anything. thanks

Interesting. I've never received anything in the mail so wouldn't know. I've tried ordering RCCL brochures and they won't send those either. :(

They used to have really cool promotional videos they would send too. I lent mine out to a family member and never got it back, so I asked for another one and they no longer exist :(

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Probably going to the wrong address....as of last week RCCL had changed my address to North Dakota! I had no idea i had moved:p

Yes, you have to keep an eye on your profile. I check mine a few times a week to ensure they have my correct address, e-mail, preferences, etc. so that can't be the issue.

I haven't received an actual piece of paper mail from RCCL since I can't remember when. Luckily Oceania makes up for it by sending 2 glossy catalogues per day...:D

Seriously though, I don't think I even get the C & A discount coupons via e-mail any more. I guess any available membership discount is applied when you log in and is in effect for all cruises, not just specific ones like the coupons were for.