Flight from Abu Dhabi - Constellation - 2 hrs From Disembark?

fordpickup

Hi All,

Not sure if this is too much of a noob question, but if the ship gets into Zayed Port in Abu Dhabi at 5am is a 7:15am flight possible? It'd be my first time on Celebrity and first time for UAE, so I'm not sure how it would work and how long the whole process would take.

Hi All,

Not sure if this is too much of a noob question, but if the ship gets into Zayed Port in Abu Dhabi at 5am is a 7:15am flight possible? It'd be my first time on Celebrity and first time for UAE, so I'm not sure how it would work and how long the whole process would take.

We have been to Abu Dhabi, but not the port or airport. In my opinion, in no port or airport would I try to take a flight 2 hrs and 15 minutes after docking.

First of all, you have to account for clearance from the authorities and immigration to clear the ship for disembarkation. Frequently, that can take 30 minutes or more.

Second, most international flights require checking in three hours ahead of the flight. Even if you managed a race car to take you to the airport, you will not likely be at the airport until 6am.

Third, what if your ship is late arriving in port?

Second, most international flights require checking in three hours ahead of the flight.

As I agree with your sentiment and wouldn't book that flight, the part I'm quoting isn't true. No one is required to check in three hours early, it is only recommended to check in that early for international flights.

Most airlines do require that you check in at least one hour before your flight, and no longer accept checked bags after that point.

Again I agree with your sentiment.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Forums mobile app