Places to shop in the Bahamas?

bhorney32

There are a few places to shop in Nassau. Atlantis has great designer shops, not knock offs so with the high price tag. Might be fun to let her go over and walk the shops. There is also the Marina Village right across from The Coral Towers Atlantis. Cashless, so Credit Card only.

Bay Street is just a block from the Cruise Ship, and there are many gift shops, jewelry shops, and boutiques that you can find a good deal at. Most of these stores will accept US Cash or Credit Card

The Flea Market is the best bargain shopping area with the locals, cash only and I recommend smaller bills as the seller may not have the ability to make change.

We finally got my grandmother to cruise, but she is only going for duty free shopping. Any places in Nassau that sells jewelry, fake handbags (or real), etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just remember, you are only allowed up to $800 in merchandise/booze etc to be brought back into the states without paying duty. This includes port purchases as well as ship purchases.

Fake bags are in horrible condition, and can be confiscated either on site, or on boarding. They are illegal in the Bahamas, and the police target the buyers instead of the sellers.

Bay Street, a block from the port, is the best shopping area. Atlantis is significantly more expensive for the same items.