POA sailing 10/1 upsells?

Newcruisers5

There is a lot less price movement on POA than other ships and itineraries, so I think there aren't a lot of upsells, as she sails pretty full all the time.

I agree and having done this cruise numerous times we've price incrases from $300 to $800 but this cruise coming up (1/7&1/14) we've been booked for over a year and have only seen a $40 thus far.

But for the sailing mentioned 10/1 there seems to be only a 2 bedroom family suite and a one bedroom family suite with obstructed view available.

I am usually one that wants a suite at the most, a balcony at the least.

However, that being said.. my cruise on the POA has me having a different opinion, for the POA only.

Get an inside room, one that is quiet, and don't spend the extra money on a bigger/better room...

The reason I have that change of opinion for the POA only, is because you literally (except for one afternoon), are on the ship at night only.

You wake up - you are in port, you eat breakfast, you get off the ship and enjoy what you came for- the islands! You get back, you shower, you eat dinner, and you are so tired from the day, that you are ready for bed.

Sleep and repeat.

We actually we able to be upgraded due to prices dropping so drastically the week I cruised to the second largest suite on the POA. I was so excited, and did really love the suite, however, we were never there to enjoy it and when we were, we were asleep.

So, if you have the choice, save your money for the islands, you will be glad you did. This is my opinion, and others may have a different experience.

Gale