Segway Tour - would you recommend? Bermuda

Kreativ' Gal

Only 13 more days! Traveling on NCL Breakaway to Bermuda for the first time, in port for 3 days.

I'm thinking about doing a Segway Tour, does anyone have recommendations or suggestions? (to do or not to do)

Web search shows a few different places that book these tours with ranging prices (NCL offers one for $89). Just wondering if anyone has been on one recently and how was it?

Is it a good way to see part of the island?

So much to do in Bermuda I don't even know where to start! :eek:

Thanks in advance!!

I think the Dockyard tour stays in the Dockyard area. We drove past them. Frankly it didn't look that exciting. As narrow as the roads are in Bermuda, I can't imagine that the Segway tours see many of the sights. If you like the novelty of a Segway, go for it, but it isn't a good way to see the island. I would suggest you rent a boat instead.

We rented a scooter in St George since the traffic in the West End is light compared to Hamilton and the South shore, but scooters carry their own share of risk. They are a great way to get around the island though.

Edited by Ohio_Bob

I'm thinking about doing a Segway Tour' date=' does anyone have recommendations or suggestions?[/quote']

A few years ago I did the Segway tour at the Dockyard. It was fun, interesting and a nice way to see what riding a Segway is like. Recommended.

You'll wear a headset receiver, the tour guide will talk about history and interesting subjects during the tour. The first 10 to 15 minutes will be a short instructional video and a little riding practice before the group heads out for the tour.

I think the tour was 90 minutes. I was surprised how quickly my ankles and lower legs grew tired. Ninety minutes was enough.

After seeing how narrow the streets are, there is no way I would do this tour or rent a scooter. I saw some people on the tour, it looks like it's limited to the dockyard area. If you want to have some fun idea for Bermuda, pleasebread my review under the Carnival Pride forum. Bermuda is awesome and I think we did some wonderful things: massage in a cave, cliff jumping, hiking,cave swimming, day pass at a beach resort, horseshoe bay and glass beach. It's all in my review, plus some tips on the public transportation. Have fun!

Edited by fshstck