Anthem - Best Rooms

alisnyc4

Hi All,

We are debating whether to be portside or starboard / forward or aft on an Anthem winter sailing.

All rooms are on deck 9:

-9554: forward, starboard

-9116: very forward, port

-9300: aft, port

-9316: very aft, port

Is port or starboard better for an eastern Caribbean itinerary (St. Thomas, San Juan and St. Marten)? Is forward or aft better of worse for movement (especially during a winter sailing)?

Finally, would you recommend getting a normal horizontal inside room instead of one of the vertical ones such as 9317? Wondering if facing the opposite directions may cause dizziness based on the movements of the ship, especially when looking at a virtual balcony.

Thanks!

On the port/starboard part - it really doesn't matter that much, at any given time the ship can dock either way.

On the motion part - pick something as close to the center of the ship as you can to get the least amount of motion. So I would pick aft/fwd vs. very aft/fwd.

On the cabin direction - I would go horizontal as opposed to vertical. We did an aft balcony on Grandeur so it would have been like the vertical set-up. Since the bed if facing the other direction (i.e.) perpendicular to the ships motion as opposed to parallel, it felt much worse in terms of motion for me.

Want to note: I get motion sick at the drop of a hat and the aft balcony was by far the worst for me ever in feeling motion on the ship. We've had cabins that were low and forward and I never felt they were too motion-y.

Hope that helps

Totally agree that port/starboard doesn't matter; many factors go into which way the ship will dock on any given day in any given port.

Of the four cabins you identified, I would pick 9554 because of its proximity to the forward elevators. Makes it easier to get around. I see no particular advantage to the location of 9300 (over 9554), and there's no reason imho for being as far forward or aft as the other two cabins on your list.

Enjoy your cruise!