Escape phone calls

dogboy

Just found out my wife needs to make a few phone calls this Sunday from the Escape. We will be out at sea. What is the best way, iconcerge? or I don't know. Told her phones will be free on Tuesday in St. Thomas. Thanks

Use a carrier with a cruise ship package.

IConcierge at $0.79 per min

Your carrier's rate. My is $1.99 per min

Ship phone at $4 per min

Wait for st thomas

We use skype voice and FaceTime voice on other ships. The internet on the Escape has been awful since it was launched. No reports of better service with the upgrade.

Edited by BirdTravels

We have used the ship phone in the cabin while at sea to call back to the U.S. a few times, once was while on a Med cruise. You do not need the concierge, just dialed direct. I was surprised at the good quality of the connection. It was better than when we've used a cell phone while at sea, although that is what we usually do. You didn't mention whether cost was an issue, only the "best" way.

We have used the ship phone in the cabin while at sea to call back to the U.S. a few times, once was while on a Med cruise. You do not need the concierge, just dialed direct. I was surprised at the good quality of the connection. It was better than when we've used a cell phone while at sea, although that is what we usually do. You didn't mention whether cost was an issue, only the "best" way.

Cost is an issue