Honeysuckle Horse reservation problems

STEVE-O

Am I the only one having trouble contacting Honeysuckle? I've sent 2 e-mails over the last 3+ weeks with no response!

I used the link on their website so it should have been correct.

This is the last excursion I need to book for a March 26 cruise...and I'd like to get it wrapped up ASAP!

Anyone have any suggestions or inside information...

Thanks!

Steve-O

Hi Steve-O...

I just made reservations online with them this morning. I clicked the "Live Help" button yesterday on the Grand Cayman Shore Excursion site (http://grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com/horsebackriding.htm), but got no live help, just an online form to enter info and questions in. Received an e-mail response back with info about availability and links to reserve.

Here's the e-mail address the reply to my inquiry came from...

request@grandcaymancruiseexcursions.com

Hope that helps!

Jen

Keep trying. Maybe a computer glitch somewhere sent your previous requests into oblivion.

At any rate, try the weblink I posted earlier. You just fill out a form online to check availability, and you should get a form letter e-mail back stating whether or not rides are available for your port day, with a link to make the actual reservation. Then you have to follow the link and fill out another on-line form and put a 20% deposit on a credit card. After that, you should receive confirmation within two days.

Good luck! Let me know if you finally achieve success!!

Jen

Jen,

UPDATE: Nov 6

Got a response this time! Completed the deposit and got the final confirmation. The bad news is.......

I had requested the afternoon ride as the Explorer isn't scheduled to arrive until 9:30am.....The meeting time is 10:15am. I know it isn't a very long tender ride but if the ship is late or ??? we'd miss the ride.

I replied to the confirmation e-mail asking to be switched to the afternoon ride.

Which ride to you sign up for and did you get the time you were expecting?

Thanks for your help....

Steve-O!

Hi Steve-O...

I asked for the morning ride, and that's what was confirmed for us. (We're scheduled to arrive at 7:00 a.m., and our all-board call is at 2:30, so the afternoon ride would have been cutting it close.)

I remember reading somewhere in the confirmation that if your ship arrives in port late, to go ahead and go to the meeting place anyway, even if you're delayed a whole day... if you can't get your reservation switched to the afternoon ride, ask them about that. They may wait for you. Seems like since they know which ships are scheduled to be in port, they'd also know if they arrive late.

Hope it all works out for you either way!

Jen

Hi, Jen...

Here's the Final Answer....

I got a quick e-mail response stating that there's no problem with our ship's arrival time and the meeting time. They say they give tours to that ship 2 times a month and have never missed.

I'd actually prefer the early ride if not for the tight timing.....so, we'll see.

Have a great cruise! I have to wait until the end of March....Ahhhh!

Steve-O

Glad to hear it, Steve-O! These folks really seem like they know the drill and are prepared for any unforseen ship schedule circumstances. I don't think either of us will be disappointed. (Hope not!!)

We got our cruise documents yesterday! Less than four weeks to go now! I'll try to post here and let you know how our ride with Honeysuckle went when we get back. If I can't, have a blast on your cruise in March!!

Jen

• 1 month later...

Hi Steve-O!

We got back from our cruise on Wednesday. It's hard to believe it was less than a week ago we were in Grand Cayman. Anyway, I thought I'd let you know how our ride with Honeysuckle was...

We were at the Blue Iguana meeting spot early. It was Sunday, so many shops were closed, and with only two ships in port, it was relatively quiet. Our pick-up time was 9:30, and right at 9:35, a Suburban-type vehicle pulled up and the driver asked if we had our documents. I confirmed they were with Honeysuckle and we climbed in. The driver was Troy... never did get the other guy's name. He was very quiet, maybe too much Saturday night fun? It turned out to be just my husband and I for this ride! (And we didn't even book it as a private ride!)

After a drive of about 15 minutes, we reached the stables. Nothing fancy here. Troy pointed us toward the beach and said we could look around while he saddled the horses for us. There was a sleepy little dog hanging around the stables and he came to us when we called him. He was so sleepy and lethargic I thought maybe he was sick...I later found out he was fine...you'll see....

Troy called us over and we mounted our horses. Since we had ridden a few times before, he spared us the safety lecture and just gave us some quick directions on handling the horses. Then he told us to go ahead out the gate and turn right at the beach...our guide would catch up. So we did, and by the time we got to the water's edge, the quiet guy from our ride joined us and took the lead. And trotting right along at his heels was the little dog! Not at all sleepy anymore...his tail was wagging and he frolicked around on the beach. Stayed with us the whole ride!

The ride itself was quiet...we didn't do much trotting or galloping, though we probably could have if we had asked. The horses pretty much know where they are going, so we mostly let them keep their own pace. A bit slow, but relaxing, with some spurts of trotting here and there if prompted.

The water is beautiful. The beaches.... well, I'm hoping the litter and junk we saw was leftover debris from the storms that brushed Cayman this year. We saw lots of shoes, some bottles, even the top of a window treatment on the beach! Other than that, the scenerey was lovely. Not exciting, but serene.

When our ride was over, Troy took us back to town. He would have dropped us at a beach if we had wanted, but we had a short day in port and some shopping to do.

That's it... no more to tell really. Just a quiet ride along the beach with a quiet guide, nice calm horses, and a friendly little dog! Let me know how your ride goes in March! Have fun!

Jen

Archived