Msc grand med cruise

bateau bay

Hi, booked a grand meditterean cruise next july we havnt been on an msc cruise. Looking at the msc check in site notice you can add on board credit to your account before you go is this correct as rhe site is set up different to others here in australia.

Any tips regarding tours as most of the time we have done our own thing. I have noticed that some of the stops are about An hour and half from port and i think it would be safer to book at tour? Any information would be very helpful.

Hi, booked a grand meditterean cruise next july we havnt been on an msc cruise. Looking at the msc check in site notice you can add on board credit to your account before you go is this correct as rhe site is set up different to others here in australia.

Any tips regarding tours as most of the time we have done our own thing. I have noticed that some of the stops are about An hour and half from port and i think it would be safer to book at tour? Any information would be very helpful.

Hey, Bateau Bay, we are in San Remo! We have done a couple of cruises with MSC (in the YC) for Rome I would recommend the all day walking tour with MSC including lunch. It is about 90 minutes from the port and traffic can be terrible. If you are on an MSC tour and are delayed getting back to port the ship will wait for you, whereas if you are on a "private" tour bad luck if you are late, the ship will sail without you!

What ports does your cruise stop at. Then other members will be able to assist with recommending shore excursions etc..

Leaving 1st july visiting bari, katakolon,mykonos,athens,dubrovnik second ship visits rrome, palermo,cagliara,palma,valencia,marseilles then genoa, any information while visiting thses places would be great.

Mykonos you can do on your own. Take the water taxi which is just across from the cruise port. Costs €4 return and they go approx every 15 mins. You can then walk the town and up to see the windmills. Stop for a drink or a bite to eat at one of the many bars overlooking the sea.

Rome you can also do on your own but it is a bit more of a palaver (or adventure). Take the cruise shuttle to the port entrance then a 10 min walk to the train station, take the train to Termini then I would recommend the Hop on Hop off bus which is just outside the station. There are many trains and are usually busy, I am sure you won't be the only one from the ship. Check the times back and allow plenty of time. Sorry I can't remember the cost but google it and you should get all the info you need. Or go to "ports of call" on cruise critic.

Missed you are going to Athens. This is not my favourite port and when we were there 2 weeks ago we didn't get off. However if you have never been I would recommend doing a ships tour to see the Parthenon and Acropolis. ( we were on a different cruise line). The port is Piraeus and quite away from Athens. You can get into the city on your own, either by taxi or local bus but the traffic is bad and for this stop I would prefer to be on a ship tour.

Again I would suggest looking at ports of call on CC.