Does the Australian operation have problems?

sailor554

After initially booking through an USA based agent for an Asian based cruise I decided to re-book through Celebrity's Australian operation. The reason was due to some major pricing differences but not due to any other issue with the USA agent. I made the booking and wait listed my cabin that was booked with the USA agent and was informed that it would be available if no one else was in front of me in the wait list. Three days after making the booking with the Australian operation and paying the deposit I cancelled the USA booking. I did not get the wait listed cabin. I contacted the USA operation and was told that the Australian operation cannot wait list cabins. I was told the wrong information. At a later time I contacted the Australian operation to see if an iLounge or Apple sales outlet existed on the Constellation and was told it did not have one. The USA operation was adamant it did have one and actually gave me the manager's name. It seems as though you cannot rely on any information coming from the Australian operation. What have other cruisers experienced?

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you.

My experience has been hit and miss-certainly I have found much more accurate info on this site than I have received on the phone with Celebrity. Even some things you would consider basic, such as what restaurants are on board which ship, were wrong, and I found myself politely correcting the agent.

I'm not surprised that your more complex issue was a bit of a stuff up.

Still looking forward to our cruise though-hope you enjoy yours too

Have you checked X's website for some of the questions you have for on-board questions? That may be where you can find some of your questions of that nature for sure.

As for cabin selections and availability, have you tried re-calling the Official X sales office for Australia to get to another agent? Do you not think that they would not have some definitive information about cabins, reserving of cabins and related information which the original X agent was not aware of?

bon voyage

You gambled trying to outsmart the system by moving your cabin from one region to another for a small discount (causing overhead for X along the way) and lost your cabin in the process. Seems fair to me!

Edited by florisdekort

Ha I found contacting any Celebrity sales office to be hit and miss. Even going through Celebrity AU support is handled centrally from South America call centre.

I had to do that once in reverse and my US TA had me stay on the line and coordinate me cancelling my AU booking whilst she worked with a Celebrity team member who rebooked the same cabin as it went back into inventory upon me cancelling it. Their system does not support waitlisting of cabins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You gambled trying to outsmart the system by moving your cabin from one region to another for a small discount (causing overhead for X along the way) and lost your cabin in the process. Seems fair to me!

OP mentioned major pricing difference. Where did you pick up it was a small discount?

With the correct information the changeover should have been possible keeping same cabin as per my own experience per previous post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi -- the quote difference was significant and the actual offer excluded the aa-ons that were available from other agents and Celebrity itself. The company I deal with in the USA is very reputable and I have used them a number of times and they agreed that a switch was probably worth it.

Have you checked X's website for some of the questions you have for on-board questions? That may be where you can find some of your questions of that nature for sure.

As for cabin selections and availability, have you tried re-calling the Official X sales office for Australia to get to another agent? Do you not think that they would not have some definitive information about cabins, reserving of cabins and related information which the original X agent was not aware of?

bon voyage

Hi -- I do look at the FAQ section and only contact (usually by email) only as a lat resort. In this case the answers were incorrect and the Miami Executive office had to correct the mistakes. By the time the error was corrected there were no cabins available so I stayed with the one I was allocated. In both cases the Exec Office has had to notify the Australian Operation of their errors.