Mr. Sanchos, Cozumel

traveller236

Hello,

We're thinking of booking a day-pass for Mr. Sanchos in Cozumel rather than booking an excursion through the cruise line. How far is Mr. Sanchos from the port? How much will a taxi cost? Are the taxis at the port government regulated? I'll be travelling with my teenaged daughter and worry about safety.

Thank you.

You can reserve for $5 per person for all inclusive. The total is $55 but that's with alcohol and food so with a teenager maybe not. They are about 20 min drive from RC port and when we went in April the taxi was about $20 up to 4 people. Same price 1-4 and the prices are listed at the taxi stand. It is safe and fun. They have water slide things in the ocean that you can pay for. It's a great fun safe place.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It was very easy catching a taxi at the port. I don't know about the regulation but it was a very orderly operation with port personnel directing the taxi. There are several other beach clubs along the way so outside of the port it does get more rural looking. We took our 2 teenagers, felt safe, and had a wonderful time. (but everyone's safety meter is different).

Sanchos (both the AI side and PAYG side), along with Paradise Beach, Playa Mia, Nachi Cocom and other popular beach clubs are discussed on this board almost daily. Use the search function to find previous discussions and reviews. 1000's of cruise ship passengers visit these clubs every week. Coz is one of the easiest and safest ports in the world. :)