Baltic Cruise with the Eclipse August 16 - the best ever

sonia2509

do you know if anyone went to Moscow on the tour and should we?Also how was the weather

I would say don't do it if you haven't been to St Petersburg before. There is more than enough to see in St P for 2 or 3 days. It is a truly magnificent place to see. We have been to most European cities but St P outshines them all.

We also went on the Eclipse in 2015 and 2016 and did a private tour each time with the same guide from Alla Tours. It was worth every penny. We skipped all the queues and there was no hanging about waiting for coaches to fill up to go on to the next thing. Our guide was wonderful. Russian regulations require them to sit an exam each year to qualify to be a tour guide and it shows!

• 2 months later...

Sonia, I'm just finalizing our 2 days in St. Petersburg with Insider Tours and was wondering what you thought of the Vodka museum? Did you have a tour and tasting and did you enjoy it? We wouldn't be eating in the restaurant, just doing the museum part. I've read mixed reviews on it. We have some time in the afternoon when we are supposed to do St. Isaacs but since we are already going to Church on the Spilled Blood earlier I thought it might be nice to do something totally different. Thanks, Janet.

Sonia, I'm just finalizing our 2 days in St. Petersburg with Insider Tours and was wondering what you thought of the Vodka museum? Did you have a tour and tasting and did you enjoy it? We wouldn't be eating in the restaurant, just doing the museum part. I've read mixed reviews on it. We have some time in the afternoon when we are supposed to do St. Isaacs but since we are already going to Church on the Spilled Blood earlier I thought it might be nice to do something totally different. Thanks, Janet.

Hi Janet, we did the tour and tasting - we enjoyed it as it was something different. They do serve some Russian delicacies with the tasting of the vodka - and the delicacies were not to our liking [emoji37] we then ate lunch in the restaurant next door to the museum and it was fine

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi Sonia.

Bob and Chris from the Gold Coast.

Loved your positive review of the eclipse and the baltics,

Definitely on our bucket list.

We are doing a 12 nighter Sydney to New Zealand on the solstice early next year and so looking forward to experiencing a s class ship for the 1st time.

Regards bob.

We just got off the Solstice yesterday. It was our second time on her as we did Auckland to Sydney the first time and the South Pacific just now we love Celebrity and had a great time again. You will love her!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app