Infinity Solarium ?

hcat

Can anyone tell me if the Solarium loungers have been "updated" ..

Do they still have the wood loungers or a diff style? Have some been replaced with tables and chairs and benches as another thread says was done on Summit...reducing the number of loungers?

Does the Solarium pool still have hydro showers and the metal benches?

Do they offer made to order salmon and chicken at the Solarium cafe?

The Solarium, esp on M class is one of our fav places....hope it remains so when we cruise on Infinity in a few weeks...Any replies will be appreciated.

Edited by hcat

Do they still have the wood loungers or a diff style? Have some been replaced with tables and chairs and benches as another thread says was done on Summit...reducing the number of loungers?

The Solarium, esp on M class is one of our fav places....hope it remains so when we cruise on Infinity in a few weeks...Any replies will be appreciated.

I was on Summit the last two years before and after the drydock and yes the loungers have been updated. They are much more comfortable. Some have been replaced with tables and chairs.

The hydro showers have been removed but the metal benches in the pool are still there.

I found it just as enjoyable and spend most of the sea days there since I am a melanoma patient and avoid the sun.

Can't answer about the salmon and chicken, didn't eat lunch there but did have oatmeal in the morning.

Edited by dkjretired

I read that about Summit which prompted my question about Infinity...sailing on her soon.

We spend alot of time in the Solarium and would miss those hydro spouts!

Sorry for any confusion, in the press releases they stated the ships went through pretty much the same makeovers

Just off the Infinity a couple of weeks ago and some of the loungers that used to be by the windows are now tables/chairs, larger sectional sofa type seating, and newer loungers. It was a great place to relax. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We were on the Infinity in May and the entire Solarium has been updated/refreshed.

The wood loungers, that always had that weird curve to them, have been updated to a lounger that (IMHO) was much more comfortable. There were plenty of these loungers available for our itinerary (Pacific Coastal).

Yes. That being said, I do recall a post from a different M-class ship, do not recall which ship, that indicated the hydro showers were not operable or had been capped off.

Can't help you with this one as we did not dine in the Solarium.

Thanks for your answers.

We'll be onboard Infinity later this month and are booked on her again for next Oct for a Pacific Coastal itin. The spa and Solarium are among my fav places.....glad the Solarium was refreshed.

Just got off 10-7-16. On sea days all loungers had towels and the usaual stuff to reserve them at 7:30 A.M. and only one person in the pool. Another day someone took my chair while I went to the restroom. He placed his stuff on top of mine and tried to ignore me. He would not move so I took his t shirt and flung it into the pool. Got my chair back.

Edited by rvmike

I'm on the Infinity now, only 1/2 of the solarium has loungers the other 1/2 chairs and tables.

Don't know what a hydro shower is but they still have some showers and the mental benches in the pool. Salmon and chicken salad is very good

I'm on the Infinity now, only 1/2 of the solarium has loungers the other 1/2 chairs and tables.

Don't know what a hydro shower is but they still have some showers and the mental benches in the pool. Salmon and chicken salad is very good

Thanks for the info...

...we usually get out there early, have a lite breakfast at the AQ spa cafe and enjoy the solarium and pool for awhile...til it gets more crowded. Also hoping to get there once or twice after dinner..