Chef on Oasis

We just got off Freedom and thought the food in the dining room for dinner was great. We booked a Feb cruise on Oasis, leaving from Port Canaveral. I've been reading reviews for Oasis and many mixed reviews on the food and was wondering if the same chef will be staying on Oasis when they leave from Port Canaveral. Has anyone heard anything?

Just back from the 9/10/16 Oasis sailing. Not sure if it was a real Chef issue or a menu issue. We had a totally different menu for dinner in the MDR than had been posted prior to sailing. We found the Buffet at lunch good and the MDR at lunch was very good. Dinners not so good. It was explained to me that the Oasis was experimenting with new dinner items everyday. I would hope by your sailing they work though this and consider making changes to some better options or at least prefect the dishes to at least resemble the item as it should look and/or taste like.

But even though we didn't care much for the dinning room dinners, the ship was fantastic and we had a wonderful time on board. We would go back on her in a heart beat with the only difference being we would buy a dinning package.

Enjoy

We did Oasis in March. We also found the dining room meals not so great, and are not fussy. We always have loved RCCL food. I am not sure what the issue is, I doubt the excuse they made regarding experimenting with menus explains more than six months of sub par food. They need to really try and figure out what is not working on Oasis. We have also travelled on Allure and had a wonderful dining experience. We found the menus very repetitive, the food was consistently overcooked and a lot of food is prepackaged rather than prepared. For example....omelets made with liquid egg, prepackaged and just heated. They were disgusting. But I would imagine they save time. If I wanted gas station food I wouldn't be spending those kinds of dollars to get it. The Oasis is a beautiful ship, just don't have big expectations for the food. Park cafe is great for lunch, I would buy a dining package I think. We noticed the dining room half empty every night, pretty sure the poor food is the reason. You don't cruise for the food, hopefully they will be working on this issue and have it resolved before you cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We were on Oasis last week and they were doing a trial menu......gone were the Basil, Sage, etc them nights menus.

Meals were pretty good.....at least difference from the aged old menu items.

Not sure what they'll be serving going forward.

We also found the MDR meals on Allure to be better than Oasis. Service was much better, too. We always eat 2-3 nights in the specialty restaurants. I would hope the Oasis would get their act together before we board her next year.