Question about extra day at sea

cherub44

Our cruise itinerary for next week was changed from Cozumel to an extra day at sea. My question is....since there is a bit of notice about this will they have plenty of activities planned? I've read before that extra days at sea left a lot to be desired because they didn't have anything planned. I'm all for an extra day at sea, I'm just hoping that it will be more like a normal day at sea instead of a "search for something to do" day.

Thanks in advance.

While I never have a tough time having a good time, just talking to golks is so much fun, I will have to say that extra days at sea tend to not be as exciting as the Cruise Compass would have you believe. They just don't plan them as well. Now let me state that my experience has been with the "oops we cant get into that port" extra days at sea and not "Oh well we won't be able to go to that port for a few weeks so let's really plan out this extra day at sea". Now that is extra days at sea. For regular days at sea there is plenty to do.

Still you will be able to be entertained, you may just have to work a bit more for it.

Thanks for your replies. I am sure that my DH and I will have a great time and no problems keeping entertained on our extra day at sea. The question was more for the 9 others in my group that refuse to read this board and have me ask all of their questions for them. Most of them are not happy about missing a port and I am trying to fend off the bellyaching before we actually sail. :)

Our only experience was this year when we missed Grand Cayman due to a storm. By this time in the week we were a little tired and, frankly did not miss the port that much. We relaxed by the Solarium pool a good bit and checked out the shops, etc. There were a number of activities planned, but we did not do any that I recall. We did speak to James, the CD, and he said that they do have alternate agendas planned in advance for these situations. In our case, the Captain did not decide until early morning that the stop would be cancelled, so they printed out new compasses and distributed them. In your case, they know well in advance that there will be no port stop so they should have plenty of time to plan an active day.

Like some of the other posters, we enjoy the relaxation aspect of the sea days anyway.

Let me see, if on voyager class you have mini golf, bingo, golf sim, in-line skating, basketball courts, ice skating, pool games, card games, rock climbing wall and other games. On Rad class you also have pool (shooting type games too). Is there anything not to do is the question here.

Archived