Cape Canaveral Damage?

relic937

We are currently on the Freedom of the Seas and due back Sunday. Our car is parked at the Radisson. Could any of you local guys give us an idea if we have a car to come back to?

Prayers for all who are there......

Dianne

Edited by relic937

thanks for the thoughts but since noon it has just been "a blustery day" ... I live about 20 miles south of the port, 7 miles inland. I-95 exit 188

in general we here in the Canaveral area are very happy to have dodged a bullet ... we got WAY less storm than predicted due to a last minute jog to the east. We saw WAY less wind than many expected. Some minor street flooding .. this storm was not a wet one' My pool went up about 1.5 inches.

That does not mean we got off free however.... 50% of the county has no power .... and I have not seen anything about when the port will reopen (Miami opened at noon today)

just got a video from which I grabbed these screen shots

grills%20crash%201_zpsoxuk6ekl.jpg

grills%20crash%202_zpswyeqsmbr.jpg

That's GRILLS .... two commercial vessels, improperly secured for the storm broke free and sought bar seats at GRILLS!!!!

For your specific question, your car may be dirty but there was very little flying debris that I saw, so highly unlikely there is significant damage if any. In the few places a tree fell on a car the TV stations are SWARMING for something dramatic to show on TV of a storm that luckily fizzled HERE IN BREVARD ..... I can't speak for areas to our north where the storm came closer to land.

p.s. we lived in south Miami, right next to the zoo, for ANDREW. I KNOW what a serious hurricane looks like, you may remember stories about the zoo being totally destroyed. This could have been MUCH MUCH worse ... very very lucky and thankful for it.

Edited by Capt_BJ

Just returned on RCI Majesty - shuttled by bus from Port Everglades. Parked at Radisson. Car was fine. Parking lot was fine. They were there when we arrived. All good.

Thank you so much for this update!!!

So glad you made it safely back!!