A few hours in Naples

trenz

I'll be in Naples Friday for a port stop on Harmony. We're going to Capri and we'll only have about 3 hours to explore Naples afterwards to get back to the ship by 19:00. (All aboard is 19:30 according to current compass)

I know it's not much time. I would like to walk from Molo Beverello to San Gregorio Armeno, and head back on Via Toledo. Would love to find a great pizzeria along the way. (VPN if possible, never been to one). Also a stop at Cappella Sansevero if time permits.

Can I do this in 3 to 3.5 hours? I've looked at Google maps but street view frustrates me. Other than via Toledo I would like to ask if there are streets I should focus on walking that are more pedestrian friendly and interesting with shops to browse in.

Thank you

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I would save time and energy and take the metro from Municipio (the new station across the street from the cruise port) to the Dante station (two stops in the direction of Piscinula) and walk back from there. Walking from the cruise port means walking steadily uphill almost the entire way. Of course, that means that the walk back is a nice, gentle downhill slope.

From the Dante metro station I'd walk to the north end of Piazza Danta and turn right onto Via Porta d'Alba. You're near one of the universities here and you'll see lots of booksellers along the street.

Pass through the Porta d'Alba and just afterwards, on the right, you'll pass the music conservatory. If you're lucky and the windows are open you can often hear practice sessions.

Continue along Via dei Tribulani until Via S. Gregorio Armeno, turn right and head south, checking out the shops selling figurines for the famous Naples precepe (nativity scenes). The church of San Gregorio Armeno will be at the end of this block.

Turn right onto Spaccanapoli, which at this point is called Via San Biagio dei Librai (the street changes names at several points along the way). Follow along this famous (pedestrian) street until it becomes Via Benedetto Croce.

If you have time to stop into the cloisters at Santa Chiara, do so. It's an amazing oasis of peace and calm in the middle of the city.

Just past Santa Chiara you'll be at Chiesa Gesù Nuovo. At this point you can choose to either continue striaght to Via Toledo and head back to the cruise port that way, or you can turn left from Piazza Gesù Nuovo to Via Monteoliveto and take the more direct route back. The direct route is along busy streets but if you're running a little late you'll get back faster this way.