Voom internet ?

jkneern

• 3 weeks later...

I opted for the surf only VOOM on the Allure. I can understand that possibly FaceTime might not be a great connection but Viber phone calls should connect. Has anyone used Viber to make phone calls on the Allure via their VOOM internet connection?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Can you tell me the internet packages that are available now? We're leaving in a few weeks and they cut the 3+ device packages. Prepaying shows 22.99 and a 30% discount, but the 22.99 for 2 devices on stream either includes the 30% or they're not really giving you 30% off.

TIA

Can you tell me the internet packages that are available now? We're leaving in a few weeks and they cut the 3+ device packages. Prepaying shows 22.99 and a 30% discount, but the 22.99 for 2 devices on stream either includes the 30% or they're not really giving you 30% off.

TIA

Onboard prices, before the 3+ devices packages were removed:

http://www.royalcaribbeanincentives.com/content/uploads/Voom.pdf

Currently on my Cruise Planner there's only one option: VOOM SURF + STREAM VOYAGE PACKAGE - 1 DEVICE

It seems that any other options like 2 or more devices or VOOM Surf (no stream) are gone. I can't tell if this is an IT glitch (like usual) or a permanent change.

Question for anyone who knows. I'm going on a cruise in January with my mother who is Diamond plus. I am Diamond. Does she still get two 24 hours free internet? I'm thinking that along with my 24 hours we should be all set.

I had purchased the Surf & Stream on sale today but now I'm thinking I won't need it. One of our port days is Key West so I can text with my husband that day using cellular. With three other free days I may just cancel the package.

Thanks,

Barb

I just checked with RC they have done away with the discount for more than one device per room. So for my 9 day cruise in Oct 2017 with surf & stream the bundled price for 2 devices at 30% off comes out about $10 cheaper than the current individual packaging at 50% off. So if you have already purchase price out before you just cancel your original bundle.....

That said on my holiday cruise (12 days) for just one device the 50% off netted me a huge savings!

So it all depends if this sale makes sense or not

Edited by PRPLE

I'm going on a cruise in January with my mother who is Diamond plus. Does she still get two 24 hours free internet?

Yes, 2 24hr periods, though she can also get $40 off a package. It just so happens that is the same price for the last 3 days ($13/day - or $39).;)

So use your coupon first and then your mother's coupon with 3 days to go - 4 days of free internet.:D

Edited by Biker19

Yes, 2 24hr periods, though she can also get $40 off a package. It just so happens that is the same price for the last 3 days ($13/day - or $39).;)

So use your coupon first and then your mother's coupon with 3 days to go - 4 days of free internet.:D

Thank you! I'm going to be cancelling the package I bought. :)

One more question - does the length of cruise matter? We usually do at least 7 day but this will be a 5-day.