Sydney Cruise Terminal

Travalerie

Hello

I have friends arriving to Sydney early the day of their cruise. How early can they drop their bags at the terminal? They don't want to check in, they just want to drop their bags and then go explore the city a bit before checking in. They are on the Radiance of the Seas. Any help would be appreciated.

There is no single Sydney Cruise Terminal .

Some vessels berth at the Overseas Passenger Terminal (OPT) at Circular Quay; and others at the White Bay Cruise Terminal .

Check Sydney Ports website/cruise ship visits to find out where the ship berths.

There is no single Sydney Cruise Terminal .

Some vessels berth at the Overseas Passenger Terminal (OPT) at Circular Quay; and others at the White Bay Cruise Terminal .

Check Sydney Ports website/cruise ship visits to find out where the ship berths.

The poster wrote "They are on the Radiance of the Seas" so OPT is the relevant terminal.

Edited by The_Big_M

We are planning a cruise that will end in Sydney, AU at the White Bay Terminal. The only information I can find about this terminal, is that it is not close to any public transportation, there are few, if any, shuttle busses available, and there is al lack of taxis available. Is this accurate information? Most of the info that I was able to find on the Internet was several years old and sounded like this White Bay Terminal was not really completed. Can anyone enlighten me, Please. Thank you. hmh:confused:

We are planning a cruise that will end in Sydney, AU at the White Bay Terminal. The only information I can find about this terminal, is that it is not close to any public transportation, there are few, if any, shuttle busses available, and there is al lack of taxis available. Is this accurate information? Most of the info that I was able to find on the Internet was several years old and sounded like this White Bay Terminal was not really completed. Can anyone enlighten me, Please. Thank you. hmh:confused:

Most lines run shuttle busses to the airport and central station.

There is also a ferry service that currently takes you circular Quay but will soon take you to Bangaroo with a shortish walk to Wynyard Station.

Always been plenty of taxis there when I've been there.

Not sure what you mean about not being completed.

What ship are you coming in on as you can double check on the ports schedule where you will dock.

Definitely completed, it's just in a remote location, with normally at most one ship there, and not hubbed with public transport.

Hence, as with any situation like that, transport operates on demand. At peak times, that usually means a queue for taxis. Shuttles need to be pre-arranged. And now the private ferry also operates there.

Thanks for the information. It is certainly more than I've found elsewhere. The info that I'd found earlier was from 2013-14, so I was not sure whether it was accurate in 2016 for 2017. How are shuttles pre-booked? I've discovered several on the Net for Sydney. Is it the same with taxis? On all of our other Holland AMerica cruises, there were always tons of taxis at the dock, but some posts I've read, make it sound like taxis are limited. Walking to the public bus sound like quite a distance, also. Thanks for any more information. hmh

Shuttles are normally booked through the cruise line; sometimes onboard, or sometimes by calling their call centre.

However, if you want to book your own private shuttle, you're welcome to do that and would just contact them directly.

Taxis don't need to be booked, and will just queue at the rank. However, if you prefer you may also book one directly but then need to be clear about where you will meet (otherwise they will just join the taxi rank queue when they get there and someone else will take it).

So there's no need to book a taxi in advance; there is a rank. However, if you leave at peak time the queue may be long so it depends on your preferences and timing. If you aren't in a hurry, you can leave when flexible and the wait is less of an issue. If you want to get to the airport at say 10:30 a.m. (not recommended), you might want to leave early and/or book something to reduce risk of delays.

Thanks for the information. It is certainly more than I've found elsewhere. The info that I'd found earlier was from 2013-14, so I was not sure whether it was accurate in 2016 for 2017. How are shuttles pre-booked? I've discovered several on the Net for Sydney. Is it the same with taxis? On all of our other Holland AMerica cruises, there were always tons of taxis at the dock, but some posts I've read, make it sound like taxis are limited. Walking to the public bus sound like quite a distance, also. Thanks for any more information. hmh

Every time I've been there, there have been plenty of taxis.