Caribbean Princess European Capitals April 2017

T&Mcruiseagain

My husband and I are thinking of booking this cruise but unsure what the average sea state might be in April. We don't mind cooler weather but force 7 this year on our med cruise was just about passable for us both!!!!! Has anyone any thoughts on this that might help with our decision. Current Princess deal ends on 18th of this month so we need to decide quite soon?

My husband and I are thinking of booking this cruise but unsure what the average sea state might be in April. We don't mind cooler weather but force 7 this year on our med cruise was just about passable for us both!!!!! Has anyone any thoughts on this that might help with our decision. Current Princess deal ends on 18th of this month so we need to decide quite soon?

Checking the Cruise Log from our April 2015 transatlantic from FLL to Copenhagen on the Regal Princess it shows only wind conditions.

The ship's route across the North Atlantic via Halifax was changed to a more southern route via the Azores due to a storm. To the Azores the winds varied between 6 & 8 which may have been a result of the storm and then 3 & 4 for the remainder of the cruise. Temperatures to the Azores averaged 70° & thereafter in the 50° to 60° range.

Conditions will vary but our most recent TAs on the Royal (October) & Regal (April) were very smooth including that cruise although both were more southern routes via the Azores & Madeira. Several passengers commented about how it felt like we were docked because it was so smooth & we felt similarly.

I wouldn't hesitate to book another April TA although our next one is in October 2017. We booked that cruise because it was a better itinerary for us (new ports), was less expensive, was on the Royal and because the weather in Europe generally is better in October than in April. The downside of a late summer & early fall crossing is that it's hurricane season in the northern hemisphere.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Nobody can answer this because it could be good or be bad.

On a TA several years ago the sea was as smooth as glass and we had to look outside at the ocean to be sure we were even moving.

But the Captain said in one of his announcements that another Princess ship on the same route but three or four days ahead of us was in stormy seas for most of their crossing.

So, same route several days apart and totally different sea conditions.