Weather refunds at Mr. Sanchos and Nachi Cocum

adriennerm

I understand weather is unpredictable but I'm wondering if you book Mr. Sanchos or Nachi Cocum and the weather isn't looking the best when we arrive at the port, can you cancel without penalty? I'm leaning more towards Mr. Sanchos but I'm curious what happens if it's a rainy day?

The last AI excursion I booked was through Carnival in Nassau for the Wyndham resort. We received a full refund when the excursion was cancelled due to the weather.

For Mr Sanchos. It's only $5 per person so if I lose $5 no biggie. I think though it does say on their website that it is refundable. I have been there a few times and never rained. Maybe great luck. I have never been to NC so I can't answer for there

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You need to cancel Nachi in advance to avoid the full charge -that gives them a chance to resell your spot (they limit admission to 100 guests per day). That said, I have never seen it rain on Coz for more than about 5-10 minutes; usually an afternoon thunderstorm that blows through and then the party starts back up.

I wasn't sure if they would automatically charge your card for the remaining balance if you did not show up. Or if you needed to contact them in advance if you wanted to cancel.

Losing the $5 deposit is not a big deal.

That's a good question. I never thought of that. Maybe so since they do have your CC number I have always made it so that thought never crossed my mind but it will now if I ever have to cancel which I hope I don't.

You won't get charged if you don't show up at Mr Sanchos. They take payment for the balance when you get there and can't charge the deposit method as it's a separate system. They were unable to give me a refund that way previously with that explanation. They had to refund me there in cash for one of our group who didn't end up coming. You can also pay online deposit via PayPal if you prefer.