ID tags for Mobility Scooter

SandyMc

I will be taking my Lexis Light scooter on a cruise the end of this month and will be flying. I plan to fold it up before giving it to airline personnel to place in luggage compartment but don't know what type of ID tags to put on it that won't be ripped off. Please advise!:confused:

The airlines will affix its standard bar coded luggage tag to the scooter. You need to have this done by the Gate Agent to boarding the plane. In addition a stand you should affix a standard luggage tag of your similar to what you use on your own luggage. Pre-addressed return mail labels , if you have them, also work well by affixing it to the tiller, back of seat, underneath the seat as well as any parts that could possible fall off when in the cargo hold.

On Board the ship I recommend printing an extra cruise line luggage tag and affixing it to the scooter only after you have boarded the ship. Being that the cruise line luggage tag contains your last name and cabin number its helpful for the dining room staff to locate your scooter once dinner is over. Often the individual that parked the scooter for you is not the person that will retrieve the scooter. It also helps if someone mistakes your scooter for theirs.

Edited by xxoocruiser

Thanks, XXOOCruiser! I do have some mailing labels to put on various parts of the scooter - I appreciate the idea. Will also put a regular luggage tag on it but hesitate to add the Norwegian luggage tag - don't necessarily want everyone to know my cabin number.

This is a first. I never heard of being of being fearful of someone breaking into a room aboard ship so I wouldn't put the room number on a scooter. It just proves the government promotes angst. Put your room number on it so people can find it. It is nearly impossible for some passenger to get into your room. There are cameras on all decks and passageways. Ship crew members are bonded and where would they go with it anyway???:eek: