Cruise lines similar to Norwegian

waltero61

Very interested in replies here. My husband wants to wear dark jeans and polo shirt to dinners, can skip any formal nights. Think our biggest issue is we like to eat alone at table for 2. We tried that on Princess (Sapphire) about 6 years ago and the 2 tops were practically on top of each other. Didn't even attempt to eat in MDR's on HAL. We like specialties but again, husband hates changing into Dockers or anything too much like workplace when on vacation. Any type of set dining times would never work for us since who knows when we will be hungry? So far NCL seems our only option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Celebrity in Aquaclass - smart casual every night and dine at any time - table for two guaranteed. Aquaclass whilst not anywhere near as expensive as a suite gives you Spa access, and more importantly access to BLU restaurant - Jeans and polo = perfect for BLU - and you just walk in when you want between 6.30pm and 9.30pm - its fantastic!

Blind man will not experience a lot of differences. The demographics are a little different. RCL, Carnival and NCL seem very much alike to me. I prefer RCL ships due to the viking lounges way up high. But can't beat NCL suite life.

Princess, Holland America and Celebrity the ships have older crowds by and large. Celebrity had the oldest by far on the cruise I took. Then HAL (average about my age mid 40's. And then Princess a little younger still.

I have never had any problem with any of the different lines "any time" dinning options. They have different names. I have never waited more than 15 minutes to eat. Sailing on Princess, Celebrity or HAL you may feel a little different if you don't dress at least country club casual to dine. Food on all lines was more similar than different.

Each line does something, what ever it may be, better than the other lines. But usually not by leaps and bounds.

I do say, if you like building up you Latitude Rewards you may want to stick to NCL. I stuck with RCL until I got to Platinum level. Now that is my goal on NCL. Why? You may ask. Because I want to. My next completed cruise I will be Platinum. But I really enjoy NCL (even with all the faults other posters complain about), so I probably will no stray for a few more cruises.