Need More Advice

adelle

We were hoping to take the Taste of Key West walking tour but it is sold out while we are in Key West. If we created our own taste of Key West walk around, what would be your recommedations of 4 - 6 places to get a taste of items unique to Key West. I think the actual tour provides tastes of conch fritters, key lime pie, coconut shrimp, mango salsa, and mahi-mahi fingers.

Thanks for your help.

Adelle

Key Lime place on the corner of Greene and I think Caroline St (Lazy Way) - $3.50 for chocolate covered Key Lime Pie on a stick - yum yum (let it thaw 5-10 mins for best flavor) .... have a taste of their other delights too

Conch Seaford Republic (right across the street) great conch fritters

Western Union Star Gazing trip had the best homemade conch chowder

Caroline's and Fogarty's both make good shrimp po boy's and the shrimp scampi at Two Friends is yummy...

Bahama Mama's always had great food, but they appear to have closed.. Bummer... I would skip Blue Heaven - used to be great, changed management and menu... didn't appeal this trip

Not really KW food, but Cheeseburger place on Duval had a great avacodo & pineapple cheeseburger!

so many ggod places to eat, so little time....

Naked Lunch is closed...sorry

I would be sure to add a stop at Flamingo Crossing for ice cream. I would suggest a scoop of any tropical flavor and one of coconut to make it truly Key West.....passionfruit and coconut, mango and coconut, mamey and coconut...you get the idea!

Clay - a key west local

Archived