Excursion Question

luvmycorgis

Going on our first (ever!) cruise in January on the Escape. I went on the NCL website last night to book a couple shore excursions, and the one we were looking at in Tortola is no longer showing up. Does this mean it's sold out? And do they release all the tickets for pre-booking, or do I still have a chance to book it when we first get on the boat? And if so, where do I go to do this? Thanks in advance, and I'll probably have a bunch of other 'newbie' questions over the next couple months.

It would seem that it sold out. However, I would call NCL directly and ask to be sure. Also, for our Getaway cruise leaving in a few weeks I noticed more excursions as we passed the 100 day mark. If NCL indeed states its sold out I would head to the excursion desk upon embarkation and put your name on the waiting list in the event someone cancels.

I have found that they usually keep some spots open to sell on the ship as not everyone is able to or wants to book online. Go to the Shore Excursion deck when boarding to see if they have openings. You can always, as noted above, put your name on a waiting list.

I have found that they usually keep some spots open to sell on the ship as not everyone is able to or wants to book online. Go to the Shore Excursion deck when boarding to see if they have openings. You can always, as noted above, put your name on a waiting list.

Thank you! Where is the Shore Excursion desk located, please?

There are several reasons why excursions may not show up on line and they range from being sold out to the third party company's contract with NCL expired to the "web allotted reservations" are filled, etc

I typically call the Shore Excursion Dept 800# and reserve my excursions through them. They seem to have more availability and the biggest pro is that you are making a reservation and not pre-paying it like you do on the website. You get charged the cost when you do the excursion.... it just makes it easier if you have to cancel that you do not have to pursue the refund, etc

If you choose to book that excursion, like others said, try calling the shore excursion number now, but almost certainly, you will be able to book the excursion onboard. Just go there the first day.

That being said, I always look at the shore excursions offered to help pick out what we want to do, then google for other companies offering a similar excursion in that port. Many islands have local companies that will offer similar excursions for a smaller group and a lower price. Cruise clientele are there bread and butter so they are very good about getting you back to the ship on time.

Check out the ports of call page on cruisecritic and tripadvisor for other ideas and company suggestions if you are interested.