Viking Star - Explorer Suite 4120

cruisegal#116

We are holding Explorer Suite 4120 on the Viking Star. Has anyone had this Suite and what can you tell us about it.

Did you hear any propeller noise? Also it says that Explorer Suites range in size from 757 to 1163 sq. ft. including the veranda. Any estimate on the actual size of this Suite?

Any and all information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

We are holding Explorer Suite 4120 on the Viking Star. Has anyone had this Suite and what can you tell us about it.

Did you hear any propeller noise? Also it says that Explorer Suites range in size from 757 to 1163 sq. ft. including the veranda. Any estimate on the actual size of this Suite?

Any and all information that can be provided would be greatly appreciated.

My wife and I sailed last fall on the Viking Star from Istanbul to Barcelona in Suite 3095, an aft Explorer Suite one deck lower and on the Starboard side of the ship from what you have booked. I believe it is quite similar to 4120 but just reversed. There was no propeller noise per say, just the soft swishing of the wake when we were underway. The view was spectacular and it was very peaceful especially when sailing out of port.

Based on my memory of the ship when in port, it appeared that the aft Explorer Suites verandas got a bit narrower on the higher decks. However, it also looks like the interior cabin space gets bigger as you move up in level from an ES 3 to an ES 2, etc. I found that the illustrations of the Explorer suites available on Vikings web site were good representations of what the actual cabins are like.

As to the actual size of your suite, I can only speculate based on the ships deck diagrams on Vikings web site. It appears that it might be somewhat larger than the minimum 757 square feet; but in any case a cabin that size is more than adequate for comfort. The rooms are completely separate and have an honest to goodness solid door between the living room and bedroom which is great when one partner wants to sleep when the other is still busy in the living room. The bath is equipped with double sinks and a separate shower and full tub room, a heated floor and towel bar. Overlooking the tub and behind what appears to be a mirror, is the 3rd tv in the suite. Pretty nifty if you are into soaking and want to watch the news from back home too.

I hope that helps and answers some of your questions.

Edited by Senior Gators

We were in a forward Explorer's Suite in September on the Homelands cruise and just loved the space. I think that the forward suite might have more room on the inside as the veranda is smaller than the aft suites. It was a perfect amount of room for us, and we spent alot of time in our cabin as it was so enjoyable.

• 2 years later...