just returned Regal princess 5 days Canada

markf

We were also on this cruise and really enjoyed the food and the ship.

We ate in the HC, Alfredo's, Concertos and the IC. We loved Alfredo's. Food, service and atmosphere were great. The buffet was very well laid out. So many choices and the food ranged from very good to good. Loved the shrimp and mussels! Concertos was hit and miss. Going there at 8pm rather than 745pm made a big difference. No wait at 8pm but a long line at 745pm. We also found out that the entrance to the left never had a line and we were shown immediately to a table.

The ship never felt crowded. Always able to find comfortable places to hang out.

And now the biggie.....the coffee was very good all over the ship!! Amazing!

Two things:

Princess, in my opinion, needs to work on its MDR breakfast routine. In eight cruises, we've only had one ship that did a good job with dining room breakfast service, the Island on a canal trip in December 2015. For some reason, the same wait staff that does a creditable job at dinner is just inept at breakfast. They mix up orders, forget things, leave coffee cups unfilled for 20 minutes or more.

I thought the Randy Heddon Quartet was one of the best bands I've heard on a Princess ship. To me, they seemed to have some soul and personality that's lacking in the cookie-cutter style bands that seem to be the main fare on cruise ships. Different strokes, I guess.

Jim

Edited by jasbo49