ice cream bar on star princess?

rhonda9156

but you have to pay for it.

The only places you can have free ice cream are: (1) when you eat your lunches and dinners in the dining rooms. There are usually 3 different flavored ice creams/sorbets to choose from, plus "make-your-own" sundaes with chocolate or vanilla ice creams and various toppings (chocolate, caramel, butterscotch, strawberry sauces, chocolate and rainbow sprinkles, and whipped cream). (2) In the Horizon Court every afternoon between 3:30-4:30pm (or maybe it was between 3:00-4pm), check with the Horizon Court staff to confirm when you board the ship. They will set up an ice cream station in the Horizon Court and it's 2 kinds of ice cream with chocolate and butterscotch sauces and the sprinkles plus pieces of pistacchios.

Anything else, you'll have to pay at the ice cream stand/"store" near the pool area.

I was spoiled by having two ice cream machines on Mariner of the Seas (one by the pool and one on the "royal promenade"). When I went on the Star Princess and found out that I had to pay for ice cream (even soft serve) I was severely bummed out.

The comedian (Scott Wyler) they had even made a joke about the ice cream machine (“Our number one complaint is that there isn’t an ice cream machine by the pool. Do you know why there isn’t an ice cream machine by the pool? Because we don’t want to roll your asses off the ship at the end of the week.”).

The ice cream bar ("Scoops") they do have is near the pool and serves shakes, sundaes, regular dips and even soft serve. I only saw a handful of people there during the week.

I got my revenge on Princess when it was steak and lobster night in the main dining room, though.

I was on the Star last week; 10/23/05 sail date.

It was the "Star Princess Mystery Cruise" that was supposed to go to the western Caribbean, but ended up on an eastern Caribbean route.

I don't know how much longer he is going to be on the boat.

The other entertainers were John Ferrentino (magic/comedy), Cary Long (stand-up), Ed Fernandez (hypnotist) and Jack Kalvan (juggling/comedy).

Archived