Cuban Rum

kruzhappy

It depends on the port and what you mean by duty free. For sure you can find it in just about any port outside of San Juan or St Thomas. However in places like Cozumel ,you likely will not find it at the Puerta Maya duty free as it is controlled by Carnival. In this case you will need to go into town. If you tell me which port specifically I might be able to tell you what I have found. There are just too many to list individually. :) 53829dae96763c68d9b05ac95cf3b050.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ltcal94

In the past, I've always bought Cuban rum in St. Martin, but now that it can be brought into the US legally, the ships may start to stock it as well in the duty free shop. Since the law only recently changed, tt may be too early, only time will tell.

In the past, I've always bought Cuban rum in St. Martin, but now that it can be brought into the US legally, the ships may start to stock it as well in the duty free shop. Since the law only recently changed, tt may be too early, only time will tell.

Typically , duty free shops that are not located on property controlled by US interests or where ships docked that were not exclusively originating from a US port have been able to sell Cuban rum and cigars. As an example , in Cozumel the duty free at Punta Langosta has Cuban rum , it the "Carnival Corp" pier Puerta Maya does not. Since the embargo is still technically in effect I doubt that any US based cruise company will sell it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums