Chef's Table - Navigator

goodml

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Did the Chef's Table last year on the Navigator. It was held in the Windjammer in closed off area. Some people thought that it should be held somewhere nicer but made no difference to us.

Love the wine (lots) and the food was outstanding!!!

Have one booked on the Freedom of the Seas next month.

We just did it on Navigator about 3 weeks ago and it was probably the best chef's table we have done. It was done in the Windjammer which was a little distracting. We were told it would be right outside of Chops but it was actually on the side buy Giovanni's Table. We had a couple of people wondering through even though they had the doors closed leading back to the back area and tried to route everyone else to the other side.

What made it so great was the sommelier Wendell. He not only explained why he selected a certain wine to pair with each dish but he explained how it matched with each component of the dish. For example: we had some pea soup with truffle oil. He not only had us sniff and sample the wine to get the flavors but then had us take a taste of just the soup with the wine and then take a taste of the soup with the truffle oil and a sip of wine. It was amazing how each taste effected the taste of the wine. We had never had anyone explain it to us that way. Another thing that made it special is that Wendell and the chef have been working together for 15 years so they know how each other works and how to pair the food and wine better.

I have heard many comments about people didn't like the chef's tables because there was too much wine or there was some dish they didn't want. Well, you don't have to drink all of the wine they pour for you, it's just so you get the experience of how certain wines go better with certain foods. I don't particularly care for red wines but I can at least take a sip of it to see how it matches that dish. My wife doesn't like beef so when the beef course comes she takes a tiny bite of it and a sip of wine just to see how it tastes but she doesn't eat anymore of it.

Anyway, I highly recommend the chef's table on Navigator, especially if Wendell is in charge of it.

We just did it on Navigator about 3 weeks ago and it was probably the best chef's table we have done. It was done in the Windjammer which was a little distracting. We were told it would be right outside of Chops but it was actually on the side buy Giovanni's Table. We had a couple of people wondering through even though they had the doors closed leading back to the back area and tried to route everyone else to the other side.

What made it so great was the sommelier Wendell. He not only explained why he selected a certain wine to pair with each dish but he explained how it matched with each component of the dish. For example: we had some pea soup with truffle oil. He not only had us sniff and sample the wine to get the flavors but then had us take a taste of just the soup with the wine and then take a taste of the soup with the truffle oil and a sip of wine. It was amazing how each taste effected the taste of the wine. We had never had anyone explain it to us that way. Another thing that made it special is that Wendell and the chef have been working together for 15 years so they know how each other works and how to pair the food and wine better.

I have heard many comments about people didn't like the chef's tables because there was too much wine or there was some dish they didn't want. Well, you don't have to drink all of the wine they pour for you, it's just so you get the experience of how certain wines go better with certain foods. I don't particularly care for red wines but I can at least take a sip of it to see how it matches that dish. My wife doesn't like beef so when the beef course comes she takes a tiny bite of it and a sip of wine just to see how it tastes but she doesn't eat anymore of it.

Anyway, I highly recommend the chef's table on Navigator, especially if Wendell is in charge of it.

My husband doesn't like wine so I gave him some of my food and he gave me most of his wine. I don't know if we'd do it by ourselves but we were with a group and it was fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

I should have come back and posted about this but forgot. Our group of six and one other couple did the Chef's Table on Navigator the week of Dec 9/16. As much as I couldn't imagine it in the windjammer, it turned out quite lovely. We were near Giovanni's and they closed off the doors to the windjammer behind us so no one could walk through. It was all quite wonderful including Wendell the sommelier, the chef whose name escapes me and the couple that dined with us. The meal was better on Majesty the year before but this one was still very enjoyable. We had paid for ours during a special a couple weeks before we sailed. It was either 25 or 30% off. We all thought it was well worth it.