Adventure Ocean on Oasis

vankalker

We're headed out on Oasis in a few weeks with a total of 10 kids between our families. We've never taken kids onboard before, so we don't know what to expect from Adventure Ocean. Any tips? Things we should take that they might need? I wasn't sure if they had any themed parties, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We're headed out on Oasis in a few weeks with a total of 10 kids between our families. We've never taken kids onboard before, so we don't know what to expect from Adventure Ocean. Any tips? Things we should take that they might need? I wasn't sure if they had any themed parties, etc.

I can't say enough about Adventure Ocean! We (me, hubby and our then 5 yr old daughter) cruised with our friends and their 8 yr old son in April on the Oasis. The kids LOVED Adventure Ocean! They loved it so much that on the last night, they cried when they had to leave. Admittedly, we didn't utilize it as much as we could since it was a family vacation and didn't want to leave the kids there the whole time. We took them for an hour 2 of the days. Then the last night of the cruise, we had "adult night," and the kids went to the afternoon session and part of the evening session. It was really neat because they took them to dinner while we were having dinner at Chops!

We brought tablets for them and a few toys for the room, but they didn't bring any of that with them to Adventure Ocean. Our daughter is attached at the hip to me, so she was clingy when we left her for the first time, but we waited around the corner, peeked in and she was already smiling and laughing and playing ('lil stinker plays her Mama well! :)). They made the coolest stuff each time they went. As a parent, I felt totally safe with them there.

We took them with us on all excursions and never left them on the ship without us. Some parents feel ok doing this, but we didn't.

Also of note is the fact that the kids were in different age groups. We thought this was going to be an issue with them alone in a class without anyone they knew, but they did great and made new friends.

Enjoy your cruise!

Oh, one more thing! Themed parties. I never could find anything on this prior to the cruise, but one night they did a Pirate themed party. They made stuff for the party and drew Pirate faces. :)

Oh, one more thing! Themed parties. I never could find anything on this prior to the cruise, but one night they did a Pirate themed party. They made stuff for the party and drew Pirate faces. :)

The is usually a pyjama type party. Otherwise the is no need to bring anything specific