Reflections on the Dream

byanks7

The cruise is over. Tons of wonderful memories remain. One sad one was sitting on the balcony of the hotel in Cocoa Beach after the trip and watching the Dream sail back out with a whole new set of passengers. Like seeing your girlfriend with another guy

Edited by byanks7

we have a 6 night Princess cruise booked in December with just the wife and I. working our way up to longer cruises.

It will be interesting to compare the two lines. We have only done disney.

I am a food guy and i would say the food on the Dream was above average based on what i have been served in restaurants and on other vacations (mainly on land)

My only complaint was, no good, rich, chocolate cake. There was chocolate raspberry, no thank you.:)

The cruise is over. Tons of wonderful memories remain. One sad one was sitting on the balcony of the hotel in Cocoa Beach after the trip and watching the Dream sail back out with a whole new set of passengers. Like seeing your girlfriend with another guy

Lol!

The post cruise blues!

ex techie

we have a 6 night Princess cruise booked in December with just the wife and I. working our way up to longer cruises.

It will be interesting to compare the two lines. We have only done disney.

I am a food guy and i would say the food on the Dream was above average based on what i have been served in restaurants and on other vacations (mainly on land)

My only complaint was, no good, rich, chocolate cake. There was chocolate raspberry, no thank you.:)

If you are interested in doing a search, I did a long post comparing Princess and DCL. One thing I've since learned on Princess is that there is a lot of difference between their ships, while the services, activities, etc. on the DCL ships are essentially standardized. Even the pizza on Princess varies--on the Caribbean Princess it was the best I've ever had on a ship, on the Diamond Princess it was literally inedible.

MM, i just read your comparison, thank you! I picked up a few tips.

My biggest concern is the dining, we are late eaters at home, usually 7 to 730. I originally opted for anytime, then after reading the posts about the wait for tables around that time, i switched to late traditional. Then after reading more, i switched back to anytime. (nothing like being decisive).

I figured with the extensive buffet on the Caribbean, if there is a problem, we can go there if we are starving. Although with all the food options, i doubt we will be hungry.

If you are hungry on Princess, you just aren't trying. The buffet is open from early morning till late at night (not 24/7, but long hours.) Room service on the Diamond was excellent--I don't remember using it on the Caribbean Princess. And it is 24/7. And Pizza on the Caribbean was very good.

On the Caribbean, we ate at our assigned late dining table--great people at the next table, a good experience. On the Diamond, there were many nights with late port calls. At those times, they made all the dining rooms "any time" and kept the buffet open extra late. This was due to evening festivals at many of the ports.

best description i've heard yet!!!!

"Like seeing your girlfriend with another guy"

love it!!