Gratuity charge on platinum perk dinner

calmpets

I always leave a small cash tip at the restaurants as well as every time I get a drink.

You would be surprised at how Fast i get drinks after the first tip. I have had many friends in the service industry so I always tip well on land or sea.

Stiffing and Tipping…

It works both ways.

Once upon a time, we brought a nice bottle of wine on board an NCL cruise (paid corkage fee).

At a quiet lounge with a nice view, Catherine and I wanted to celebrate our anniversary with a before- dinner drink.

I had already uncorked the bottle before we left our cabin. All we needed was two wine glasses.

But, we were ignored by the waitress. (There were only two other couples in the lounge.)

My DW asked me not to make a scene.

After about 10 minutes of enjoying the view, I went to the bar and received two glasses from the bartender (tipped him a couple of bucks), as the waitress looked on, with nothing to do.

In a way, I don’t blame the waitress.

I assume the server thought we were going to stiff her. (She stayed on the other side of lounge.)

I just read a review that stated the voucher for the free platinum perk dinner now indicates that you will be charged gratuity. Has anyone else experienced that? I'm sailing at the beginning of December on the Epic, and would like to know what to expect, as my traveling companion is platinum. Thanks in advance for any info on this!

We are currently on the Jade and used my platinum perk dinner and my husband's platinum perk dinner, both at Le Bistro. There was no gratuity charged so we left a cash tip both times.

I do not see folks leave cash at the end of their meals, ...

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean it isn't done. Leaving cash is not always an obvious bill left in the middle of the table.

At the end of our platinum perk meal we fold either a $5 bill or sometimes. $10 bill in half an place it unobtrusively partway under a plate or saucer. Even if you were sitting at the next table I doubt you notice it.