Jade or Getaway?

Eileen G

We have cruised many times on most of the other cruise lines but this will be our first time on NCL. We are looking at a cruise on either the Jade or Getaway. The itineraries are basically the same just a different order of the ports. Both sail the same day and are about the same price. The Getaway sails from Miami and the Jade sails from Tampa. We live in central Florida so Tampa is closer. We really prefer smaller ships like the Jade and we love outdoor dining. Which one do you think would be better and why? Any other things we should know about sailing NCL?

Personally, I would choose the Getaway. They have a lot of bars and specialty dining venues outside on deck 8 called the waterfront. New is nice.

The Jade is smaller but a bit dated. The Jade does offer the great outdoors, which is an extension of the garden cafe in the rear of the ship. You can dine outside and there is a bar.

Have a great trip!

Hi,

The Jade is older but going into dry dock in February and will be updated in lots of places.

If I was traveling with my grandchildren I would probably pick Getaway over Jade as it seems to have more activities for kids.

But I love Jade and will be sailing on her again in January before she goes into dryadic.

Enjoy your cruise whatever you decide.