Escape Entertainment

luv2bcruzng

It has been a while since we sailed on Norwegian and was wondering about the evening entertainment. Are there still shows every night? Browsing on NCL website it appears that there are charges for some of the entertainment. There is one Broadway style show but what about the other nights?

Thanks for the information.

The new ships entertainment is different from the traditional style.

Instead of a different show every night in the theatre, there are a smaller number of shows which are repeated a few times during the cruise.

In addition, there is a dinner show in a different venue. This is the one that there is a charge for (the line is that you are paying for the meal, not the entertainment, although you can't see the show without having the meal).

There are also other venues like Headliners where there are things like duelling pianos and comedy shows.

There are also likely to be a couple of other things on at the theatre on the nights that the main shows aren't on.

Instead of being able to go to the theatre every night to see a different show, you will probably only go there up to about three times, but can also go to the other venues on different nights.

Bookings are recommended for the main shows although there is a stand by line for no shows. The bookings just gain you access. Seats are likely unallocated.

Edited by KeithJenner

Booking the shows can be a bit of a pain by the Broadway shows are brilliant! I watched Pricilla queen of the desert recently it was brilliant, watched it twice.

They do repeat the shows and charge more for some things but I never have felt the need to do them. There is always enough stuff going on on NCL ships, they are by far the busiest cruise line I have been on it terms of itinery.

http://cruisingisntjustforoldpeople.co.uk/2016/10/08/my-favourite-10-things-about-cruising-with-ncl/ this might be of use to you :)

Definitely 100% try and book your theatre shows early, recently it has got extremely busy and when I got on the getaway in may most sittings of shows were already sold out...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums