P & O Britannia black tie nights on B703A cruise

thedogman

You won't know on which nights the formal evenings are to be held until you get on board. The formal nights are usually on a sea day. I don't know how long the cruise is you are going on. Sometimes the nights of the formal evenings have to be altered - for example if there are bad weather conditions then the Captain may decide to postpone the formal evening until the following night as passengers may not feel like a full formal evening if they have been unwell during the day. This happened to us on a Fjords cruise - we were supposed to have the first formal evening as we sailed up the North Sea but the weather was bad and the Captain decided to postpone it until the following evening.

I think if P&O published which nights the formal evenings were on and then had to change the dates then some passengers would moan.

As annieuk states, the days on which the formal black tie nights occur are not disclosed.

However, the P&O website does disclose how many nights are formal and also what if any any themes on a cruise are (which may or may not be a formal occasion).

As a rough guide formal nights are held on sea days to give people more time to get dressed up and fill out a day when you do not visit a port.

Captains usually avoid first and last day as formal but it varies where you have a shortage of sea days and also bad weather with huge sea swells.

Regards John

Hi. We fly to join the Azura on Nov 26th in the Caribbean. Until I read the posts above I was also wondering which nights would be 'Formal'. We have not sailed P & O for a couple of years and I had been looking for the itinerary to list the required dress code.

Also it will be our first time to the Caribbean. Am I correct in assuming that there will still be two formal nights per week and also that on the other 'informal' nights a jacket and tie would be optional?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

There will be 4 formal nights in a 2 week Caribbean cruise. Other than on the formal evening there is no necessity for men to wear a jacket and tie. There are no longer any semi-formal evenings. Some men will wear a tie in the evening, some may wear a jacket but no tie and some men - probably the majority will not wear a jacket or tie - many wear short sleeved shirts. As far as the women are concerned we have found that they tend to dress up every evening!

There will be 4 formal nights in a 2 week Caribbean cruise. Other than on the formal evening there is no necessity for men to wear a jacket and tie. There are no longer any semi-formal evenings. Some men will wear a tie in the evening, some may wear a jacket but no tie and some men - probably the majority will not wear a jacket or tie - many wear short sleeved shirts. As far as the women are concerned we have found that they tend to dress up every evening!

Thank you Annie for your reply.

Regards Graham

Hi Thanks for info I know it is 4 nights black tie

but as feburay 14th is on my cruise I find that every special resteraunt is booked for every time slot 4 months in advance i started looking in november 3rd

Hi, my partner and I are on this cruise too. The 14th February is my birthday (60th) and we booked Sindhu the day bookings opened - the Epicurean would have been our first choice but hasn't been for sale so we presume it will be on sale once we get on board with a special event for the day - and a special price no doubt!

I started a roll call for this cruise - so far only one other person has joined it; we are usually Princess cruisers and used to much more active roll calls! Come over and join us. :D

We just got home last weekend. Our 4th (black and white) formal was on the Tuesday that we were in Antigua. If it had been on last sea day (Thursday) it would have been the night before disembarking for a lot of people, which would have been difficult for packing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums