Dunnes falls

Corklou

Yes. When we traveled there when on a cruise with several family members, my hubby, myself, and daughter in law followed them up the falls on the stairs right next to it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the help can you tell me was there any difference in the price of booked before sailing and booking onboard ?

you can just take a taxi to the falls and pay at the gate

the taxi fare is stupid expensive but that's the JA way .... ride is about 5 minutes ... I've walked it but DO NOT recommend this ..... I was a frequent visitor to JA at the time.

your gate fee is a day's entrance to the park .... technically climbing the falls is "free" or included with the entry fee for the day in the park. Only cost for climbing is your 'optional' tip to a guide, and you are not required to use a guide.

When you go on your own you can stay as long as you wish ... like I said the entry fee is 'all day'

according to their web page entry for an adult is $20 US .... $600 J

http://www.dunnsriverfallsja.com/

my gang going UP THE MIDDLE

drf8.jpg

the pile of folks on the left are on the organized tour, which takes the "safe path" holding hands and led by a guide. The typical tour climbs like this one time and gets back on the bus, game over.

drf4.jpg

This <picture below> is the 'pool' at the top of the falls, where most people exit. There is a set of stairs allowing easy in/out to the water. Mrs is in the picture and she did the stairs along the falls while the gang went up the middle, but got in here to join the picture ....

drf2.jpg

p.s. the parking and entr' is at the top of the falls. To climb you walk down stairs to the bottom/beach then climb back to this spot thru the running water. [that's what most do anyway .... when you DIY you CAN climb down from this spot, or sideways, or upside down.]

Edited by Capt_BJ