flights out of SJU

excalwop

how many of you are having the trouble with american air (or any other air lines)as i am this is the 4th change of flights out of SJU . started in june. and each change is getting push back later started with a flight to depart at 1630 hrs(430 PM) now it's 1915 hrs. (730pm). any one else havng this problem. when it will end :confused: was planning to be home before xmas now it looks like we arrived on xmas

paul

41days to go

golden princess 17th dec.

I have a flight out of SJU in Jan thru Jet Blue and the times have not changed. Although, I have read on these boards of people who were booked with Delta and Song who flight times were changed when they filed for bancrupcy(sp?). Maybe the original flight you were booked on wasn't fully booked, do you think that could have something to do with it? Just a guess.

Wow - 4 changes already? That must be frustrating. We are booked on American to SJU for a January flight, but so far no changes. It's a non-stop flight (I think the only one they have - there are several more with stops), so maybe that's why we haven't experienced the same difficulties - at least not yet!

We booked our air in May for our flight to San Juan from Atlanta. Back then, I had been watching the air lines prices to San Juan. Unfortunately, the only airline that has direct flights is Delta from Atlanta. The lowest price on a direct flight round trip was $675.00 per person. We booked our flights on American with a layover in Miami. The total price for the TWO tickets was $605.40. We just couldn't beat the price (even though we weren't too happy about having a layover)! So, since then, I have watched the outbound flights change. Originally, we had a layover in Miami of just over an hour. Now it's over FOUR hours. I'm going to wait it out then call the 1-800 number to customer service and see if we can get our flights changed to a more suitable time when it gets closer to our travel date of January 6. I hope things work out for you. I figure the worst they can say is NO. They can't change the price, I don't think.:confused:

My husband searched and searched for reasonable air from Syracuse to SJ. Finally, we booked two one way tickets for a grand total of $293. Jet Blue had a $79 special at one point. Our US flight has changed once but that was to an earlier flight. The only catch is that you are automatically subject to search w/ one ways.

Does the airline notify you of these changes or do you have to check on your own flight somewhere?

of the four changes i've had so far two were from orbitz from whom i got the tickets and two i found out thru checking the american air web site.

paul

40 days to go

For next March, AA moved up my connecting flight at DFW to SJU by 45 minutes, leaving me with a 32 minute connection time.

With that short of a connection time, you might make the flight, but I wouldn't count on your luggage making it. It still might, but I would plan on not seeing your luggage at SJU when you get there.

With that short of a connection time, you might make the flight, but I wouldn't count on your luggage making it. It still might, but I would plan on not seeing your luggage at SJU when you get there.

Oh, believe me, we are changing to a later connecting flight. They also changed our flight into DFW which is part of why the connection is so tight.

I would personally prefer to leave earlier. Right now, AA has the earliest flight leaving ATL at 6:25 AM on flight # 971. It arrives in MIA at 8:08 AM. The next connecting flight we could make would be the 10:55 AM flight # 1305 out of MIA that arrives at SJU at 2:24 PM. I think that for us, I would prefer that better, but for the rates we paid, I'm not sure we will get the luxury of getting to change our flight times. Right now, with the flights they show available, there are really only three flights from ATL to SJU that can be completed through MIA. I would rather arrive to SJU earlier and get settled in the hotel and check out Three Kings Day which is January 6, 2006.:)

Archived