Ponta Delgada - Furnas Valley or Sete Cidades?

spr5988

Hello,

I only have one day to spend when my cruise ports in Ponta Delgada in September. Which do you think is better if you only have one day to spend here?

I'm torn between Furnas Valley or Sete Cidades.

Have you been or do you recommend one over another?

We did it right in April 2016 by having a car take us WEST and NORTH from Ponta Delgada. Up and into the volcano by road with twisty turny drive thru the mountains with many Ocean view overlooks and lunch. Saw stuff the motorcoach people couldn't access. Glad I didn't Rent-a-Car. I'd been lost. Check out TripAdvisor Web-sites. LocoLoco1

We did it right in April 2016 by having a car take us WEST and NORTH from Ponta Delgada. Up and into the volcano by road with twisty turny drive thru the mountains with many Ocean view overlooks and lunch. Saw stuff the motorcoach people couldn't access. Glad I didn't Rent-a-Car. I'd been lost. Check out TripAdvisor Web-sites. LocoLoco1

LocoLoco1, was that a cab you got in port or was it pre-arranged? we are there this April.

thanks, Jim

LocoLoco1, was that a cab you got in port or was it pre-arranged? we are there this April.

thanks, Jim

I arranged beforehand for a car to drive us around. AzoresTours ?? Can't remember offhand. ONLY way to go in my opinion. I neeed to jump into hot volcanic Ocean cove out at Ponta da Ferraria, so I needed something other than 'GroupTour'. S'pose a Cab would be doable..but not really. LocoLoco1