Luggage tags and plastic holders for them.

mjonis

So I got my luggage tags, and it looks like they're the size of the Carnival ones, as I have plastic holders for both Carnival and Royal.

Can I use the plastic holders? Or will MSC have a bird/cow/whatever?

I know when I didn't use them on Carnival they fell off rather easily unless you laminated them or something.

Thanks!

I'm confused. Staple the luggage tags to what? I thought I had to print my own which would be on thin printer paper. I was thinking I had to laminate or use tag holders.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You can fold them into thirds length wise, then thread through your suitcase handle and staple one end to the other. Or use packing tape to laminate and attach. Or both, lol. But tag holders work, too. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fold mine in thirds and use clear packing tape to strengthen them. Then I thread them through the luggage handle and staple the ends together. Never had a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That's what we do too. Even when it was raining in Vancouver this held up well.

That makes perfect economical sense! It's funny how some people's brain go one step farther in figuring out problems. I would have gotten there eventually but the cruise would have been over ha ha.

This is a great resource. Thanks everyone including the OP as it seems I hijacked your thread.

That makes perfect economical sense! It's funny how some people's brain go one step farther in figuring out problems. I would have gotten there eventually but the cruise would have been over ha ha.

This is a great resource. Thanks everyone including the OP as it seems I hijacked your thread.

LOL Not a problem. I do that all the time. It's good to see the many different ideas/ways to keep the tags from falling off.

In my case I had used packing tape (clear) on the carnival ones, but the staples had a tough time going through and when the many baggage handlers would grab the handle/luggage tag, after about 2 unloading/loadings they fell off, so we had to find something to secure it with.

I find the plastic holders work better (albeit cost more). But they're re-usable.

When we did RCL, they actually had those Tyvek kind like the airport uses and replaced our printed out ones with theirs and wrote the cabin # on them with permanent marker. But not sure if that was a Port Canveral thing or what.

And... Don't attach your MSC luggage tags until you arrive at the port. Don't attach them prior to flying or traveling long distances because, then, you're running a risk of having them fall off or being torn off. I always carry a tiny portable stapler or roll of scotch tape for this purpose. The other suggestion about laminating them with clear strapping tape is excellent. If all else fails, the MSC luggage handlers at the port will have extra tags.